Dana White “There’s a possibility Lesnar will never fight again”

brock-lesnar-ufc-87

UFC President Dana White reveals additional details about the mysterious condition that has sidelined UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.

“very, very sick” with some sort of intestinal disorder, although listening to White, it sounds a lot more serious than that. White says the condition will require “major surgery.”

White is going to visit Lesnar in the hospital and is trying to get him transferred to the Mayo Clinic, one of the most renowned medical facilities in the world.

White acknowledges the current condition is not mono but he will not be specific. White says the condition is not HIV or cancer.

And, White tells TMZ, “There’s a possibility Lesnar will never fight again.” [TMZ]

Terrible news, hopefully they can get things figured out. Lesnar last fought at UFC 100, defeating Frank Mir by second round TKO.

UPDATE
According to Dana White, Brock Lesnar has a intestinal track infection and mono, but is expected to be released from the hospital soon.

Comments

1. I guess we will never know now who would win between fedor and brock. Fedor will come to UFC now knowing he wont have to fight brock, he can beat everyone else.

2. I will take that bet. Fedor will not come to UFC as long as Dana White is in it.

3. DUH, if you really think Fedor is afraid of fighting Lesnar, you are out of your mind. The guy is 4 – 1. Don't get carried away by his marketablity. Fedor has better heavyweights to fight outside of the UFC. Almost every independent set of rankings will show you that.

4. looks to me like the roids finally caught up to brock. take notice alister! hope he recovers never want to see anyone sick.

5. CobraClutch says:

Dave is right. Fedor ain't afraid of nobody. Only reason why he's not in the UFC right now is because of the deal, not because of the competition.

6. i doubt Fedor will come to the UFC, that's the one guy Dana cant tell what to do in the biz, maybe next time Dana will show up for the meeting if Fedor would ever consider a negotiatin,,

7. i doubt Fedor will come to the UFC, that's the one guy Dana cant tell what to do in the biz, maybe next time Dana will show up for the meeting if Fedor would ever consider a negotiation,,

8. I think if I was Brock Lesnar right now,I would be more concerned about my health and surviving than anything to do with MMA. My thoughts and prayers are with you Brock. Make a quick recovery.

9. Well said GONZO – Lesnar is seriously ill and all your morons think about is Fedor

10. I bet he has crohn's disease.

11. I absolutley hate Brock but I'd like to see him make a quick recovery because he's really good. UFC can't even put on decent Heavyweight fight because everyones sick or hurt. It be a shame to waste that talent if he can't fight again.

12. I hope Brocks ok but I think Dana is useing this to his benifit.Brock will probally recover as expected Dana will bring him back like he came from the dead and nothing will keep him down then Dana will make alot of money off of him . I suspect Dana to drag this out for awhile,you'll see. and of course we will pay to see him come back its all about the money.Fedor realy needs to never think about comeing to this soon to be like WWE bullshit. I may be a Fedor nuthugger but at least I know when he gets hurt its do to a fight not his health this is why Fedor is the best because of his health and his wins.I would amagine in the future Dana try to get Fedor in UFC to fight Brock and talk about Brocks health history and how he came back to face Fedor .LIKE ROCKY AND THE RUSSIAN. I see Danas pockets getting bigger!

13. I miss PRIDE!! Always good fights and it seemed like most of them fighters fought more than 6 or 7 times a year. Damn if times aint changed. Hell WAND dosent even fight but once a year in the UFC . Look at Anderson same damn way. I can remember when my Directv bill was about $200 a month. Big change now . It seemed to me the fighters were better back then win they fought all the time.

14. kristie your fucking stupid a man is in the hospital and may never be able to fight again. this isnt some conspiracy from dana white it doesnt even make any sense. dana would make a lot more money from brock fighting at ufc 106 and 110 and so on. brocks obviously got a very serious condition and your obviously very inconsiderate and ignorant. If this whole commenting on mma websites doesnt work out for you you obviously have a lucrative career in detective work waiting for you.

15. It's kind of fucked up how most of you can't focus on the actual topic. I am not a Lesnar fan, but I would never want to see anyone miss out on their passion. I hope he recovers and fights again. It's a shame to see all the potential he has and to think he might not be able to use it.

16. HAHAHAHA!!! good. i hope brock lesnar fucking dies!

17. CobraClutch says:

TJ, you're a fucking asshole, and should have your IP banned. Karma's a bitch, and it's coming around to you with that kind of attitude.

You guys are right that are sending good thoughts to Brock, because he's a human being. I don't like him, either, as a fighter or personality, but the man is sick, so until you have proof otherwise, just wish him a healthy recovery.

The rest of you that think otherwise can get bent, to say it as politely as possible.

18. true that cobra clutch… TJ your a waste of life go get drunk and run through traffic

19. Of Course some dumbass has to post something about Fedor being scared. Why do these idiots that have no clue about the real situation post on an mma site? Hope brock recovers. Want to see Carwin test his chin.

20. IM going to write Dana and see if all you Dana nuthuggers can get you a web site to get on so yall can suck his ass and beleive every word he says and talk about it . If Dana said the lord was coming back tomorrow you all would beleive it. You people are sad and gullible. Follow Dana you sheep.

Bah, Bah…

Dana is a wolf in sheep clothing.

I don't think Kristie was saying anything bad about Brock she was tring to state that Dana will try to use this if Brock gets better… I hope Brock gets better if its true.

If you notice the only person saying anything is Dana. So you Sheep Beleive everything thing Dana says.

21. This is some serious shit and to be taken lightly, come on we are talking about a serious athlete, one of the best to ever step foot in MMA and excel so well fo such little training. Sure he isnt the best but to potentially see that his dreams will be shattered because of a medical condition is down right sad and upsetting to all the brock lovers and hate him because wether you like it or not he put on a hell of a show in his 5 fights and has showed such great potential to even be considered in the same catagory as the greatest fighter in the world today Fedor. That says alot. With all due respect i hope he gets better and at his own pace and will be able to return to MMA but who knows at what percentage and what lesnar will show up if that happens.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE YOU MUST GIVE CREDIT AND RESPECT TO DANA AND THE UFC FOR PICKING UP THE TAB AND FINDING LESNAR THE BEST TREATMENT IN THE WORLD, NOW THATS SOMEONE I WOULD LOVE TO WORK FOR.

I am sure its about money too but mostly about protecting his fighters as thats one thing i believe about Dana when he talks he respects his fighters and will do anything for them. Right after UFC 105 he flew to North Dakota to be with Lesnar and his family.

Like him or hate him you can not wish harm upon anyone. May God bless him and his family and pray that we get to see lesnar fight again.

22. Oh and i agree Steve on #20.

23. At this rate looks like UFC might be going down. Strikeforce needs to put on some more fights so we can keep watching real compotision. Whats up wid all these fights! only one alright card every show .If Dana would allow more great fight cards in one show UFC woulds be awsome but Dana likes to keep it like that because of the money flow; fighters caust to much money for one show. I agree wid Hall fights were better back then but I think it was because fighters didnt make that much money so they were able to put on 3 or 4 good cards a show. I agree I miss PRIDE allso but that was then this is now we will just have to pay for one good card a show. I"ll do it till I get tired of all this bullshit witch want be far off!

24. My prayers for Brock but I hope Dana is not exagerateing the illness to build him up! I agree with John shows are starting to suck, I never thought about the money part, maybe Dana needs to get off his wallet, and put on some better shows. Thats bad when Strikeforce put on a show that was way better than this last fight UFC had. With Brock and NOG out, there is know one there for the EMPORER to challenge so maybe its best he didnt come to the UFC. If he had he would be reigning champ in the UFC wid know body to challenge just like in Strikeforce. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH THIS GREAT EMPORER : IS THERE NO END TO HIS REIGN!

25. I think the UFC is better now than its ever been. I think they put together amazing cards. 95% of the best fighters in the world all in one place. I think Dana does the best he can to give the people the fights that they want. Every fight I've wanted to happen has either happened or even talked about. Sucks that the heavyweight division takes a hit like this because they had some good matches coming up.

Also Hall if you really hate Dana that much why dont you stop watching the UFC. I mean its that simple. Then you wont have to argue about Dana White on every single page on this site. Easy solution…..stop watching UFC.

26. Tim I bet if Brock had lost three fights in a row you wouldnt see Dana picking up the bill, Danas worried about his investment , by the way my prayers are for Brock Lesnar I pray he gets better. And come back 100% so there will be no excuses when he looses his next match.But Im pretty sure someone will say he lost because he wasnt a 100%. Brock will be back he has to many people praying for him including me and all the Fedor nut huggers I would never wish no kind of illness on my worst enemy. I just cant stand Dana White. He talks to much shit about other MMA fighters that arent under his command.

27. Man why couldn't Fedor get his instead of Brock. Brock had and hopefully still does have a good future. Fedors at the end of his career and fighting people like one dimensional Brett Rodgers. Its like being in the NFL and then going to arena football and saying your still the best.

28. Muay Thai I would but Dana has some of my favorite fighters over there Wand, Anderson, Vitor, Shogun, and NOG notice they all came from PRIDE thats the only reason I started watching UFC.Hell I might get to see one of them fight a year that sucks . Quinton Jackson has already left maybe they will someday. Oh Muay Thai your opinion is like my opinion its like an asshole everybodys got one.

29. i doubt Fedor will come to the UFC, that’s the one guy Dana cant tell what to do in the biz, maybe next time Dana will show up for the meeting if Fedor would ever consider a negotiatin,,

30. XV2W Brock couldnt even make it in NFL they didnt want him. Looks like everybody wants Fedor why do you think Danas so mad he cant have him

31. OK, just so you know, John, a "card" is ALL the fights of an event. Not just one fight. So you're saying there's only ONE fight per card that you're happy about? I think you might just be a casual MMA fan, then, and not that into the sport, because check out all these fights I, for one, was excited for:

UFC 104: Machida/Shogun, Velasquez/Rothwell, Stevenson/Fisher, Johnson/Yoshida

UFC 105: Wanted to see how the TUF winners did, wanted to see the amazing match-up of Swick/Hardy (which didn't disappoint), and also Wilks/Brown (which was an awesome fight)…and some of the undercards turned out to be great, too.

UFC 106: Wanna see how Sadollah does, Parisyan, Kendall, see if Koscheck has an answer for the huge Rumble Johnson, and yeah, why not see Ortiz and Griffin and see if Griffin can shut up the "bad boy?" Not the best card of the bunch, but the main event got cancelled, so what are they gonna do?

UFC 107: Penn/Sanchez, Mir/Kongo, Florian/Guida, just to rattle off the top three, and also want to see how Fitch, DaMarques, and Struve do.

Are you freaking kidding me that you're not interested in these fights???

Please tell me what fights you would rather have on these cards? Fedor vs. every heavyweight all the time? Or you wanna see Wandy get KTFO again every card?

Please enlighten me, for I obviously must be easily amused. hahaha.

32. CobraClutch says:

Why is it so hard for some of you to just wish a guy well, and stop the hate for just one post? Really?

33. random name i agree with you people are complaining way too much. enjoy the fact that the ufc puts on atleast one card each month and shut up. also its pretty disgusting people still wanna talk shit about a fighter like brock who trains as hard as he does and is the champion. It doesnt matter if you dont like him or are not a fan nobody deserves to have their lively hood taken from them and have a serious illness like this. Good luck brock in getting well canty wait to see you fight again.

34. I haven't seen anything about those cards. I agree, they look awesome. Tim, I completely agree. Like I said, he has probably, in my opinion, the most potential out of anyone in MMA right now, and he is starting to live up to it, but he has a little further to go. I hope this condition is not as bad as Dana says, and it would suck to strip that belt because it would leave SOOOO many questions unanswered.

35. Really hope that Lesnar makes a full recovery. he is already 31 and will be over 32 by the time he recovers. he has wasted some of the best years of his life in fighting lawsuits and hustling for a place in a NFL squad. Now he's finally made it. I am not bringing Fedor into this, but Fedor doesn't want to be in the UFC. Why? Shit, I don't know. But when someone comes to negotiations with demands he himself knows are full of shit and impossible to fulfill, that person is sending you a message. Hell, Dana is offering Fedor the most money, guaranteed bouts with Randy, Brock and co. What more does he want? To promote the competition. Fedor is either blitzed out of his skull, or he is incredibly naive what his representatives are doing. I guess he thinks it's better to be a big fish in a small pond. One would have expected someone from his humble background to be more ambitious. But he's satisfied. And that signals the end of a man's endeavors. So long Fedor. I KNOW that you will never step in the UFC until their heavyweight division is depleted. Fedor is the greatest, I dont doubt that. But his illogical demands have given rise to considerable doubts about his intentions and his desire to compete with the best.

36. News on Brock Lesnar says:

Trainer : Brock Should Be Home Son

Greg Nelson, Lesnar’s head coach and owner of Minnesota Mixed Martial Arts, said Lesnar has a bacterial infection in his intestinal tract, but his condition is improving.

“He should be home soon,” Nelson wrote via text message.

Lesnar, 32, was hospitalized in North Dakota last week after collapsing at his property in Canada, and was reportedly diagnosed with mononucleosis and an intestinal disorder.

At the UFC 105 post-fight press conference last Saturday, UFC president Dana White said Lesnar was “very, very sick” and would “be out for a while.” He planned to fly to Lesnar’s side and offered to send the fighter to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.

On Monday, White was quoted on celebrity gossip website TMZ.com as saying Lesnar might never fight again.

37. Not a fan of Brock but I do hope he gets better because I do not with any type of illness upon anyone. This still doesn't change the fact that Dana is a dbag and some of you listen to what he says at tad much. Dana is protecting his money….PERIOD. He doens't care about Brock and if you think he does then like someone said above…some of you should just create your Dana nut hugger website.

38. CobraClutch says:

lol @ Slum Shady…"I'm not bring Fedor into this…" Then he goes on for 28 sentences about Fedor.

Poppynick: It's not that we're believing everything Dana said, we're just like respect a guy who's really sick, that's all. If Dana says Brock is really sick, then we're not hugging Dana's nuts. We're just hoping that another human being is OK, and not trash Lesnar for a few minutes until he's OK. Then after he's OK we can say how much we hate him again. hahaha.

39. I do not hate Brock ,I hate his attitude after that fight wid Mir he should have chose different more kind words like Randy always dose. Hell Brock devastated Mir, it was crazy, I was all for Brock till he opened his mouth wid dat bullshit. You know, fighters wid attitudes like that never last long thats why he will never make it, unless he changes.

40. Wow, I love how this went from "he may never fight again", to "it's an intestinal infection and he'll be home next week". What a crock. The people on here who said Dana was just playing it up were so right.

41. okay…so does anyone agree with me wen i say, i hope brock lesnar fucking dies!? come on, i kno everyone is thinking it. fuck brock lesnar. id piss on his grave, too

42. A bit too harsh TJ. How can someone you dont know piss you off so much? Just dont think about him, Theres much less stress involved.

43. I for one dont agree with you TJ i wouldnt wish death on anyone just because im not a fan of him. what has he done to you? Pretty pathetic you can let a celebrity fighters life affect you so much. Karmas a bitch man keep wishin death on people and it soon might find you.

44. TJ you must have caught a case of douche baggery because I wouldn't wish mono, intestinal whatever on noone. much less death. I saw Dana's interviews in London and he was scared. About profit about Brock whatever. Dana can't hit shit when its big news as good as he is at speaking. I guaranee if it is nothing, Dana didn't know about it. Brock is at least a great athlete and I hope to see him fight again.

45. Aldo Raine says:

HA HA TJ I think you need to take a break from MMA for a little while man. To be that pissed off at Brock……I mean what are you like 13 or something. Your way to effected by this. I dont like him either but I'd still like him to get better because it would be a waste of talent. Wow man…your fuckin looney

46. TJ your a little pussy bitch. dane's right karmas a bitch and its comming to you. why dont you get a life you fuckin loser and stop carrying about Brock a person you've never met. I hope you and junie browning both end up in a plane crash and you two become the only survivors. you two are made for eachother and should be living on a island together for all eternity. Fuck this kid for wishing a person die everybody should give this little punk a reality check.

47. Now that I see you all know what Karma is all about.Take a look at Brock and all the bullshit he said to the fans and the fighters: how ugly he acted. Now look at him. I told you guys he will get better, Dana was just streching it a little bit . Hey Dana, Karma always comes back around. Get well soon Brock so Carwin can spank that ass. Then I want to hear you say why you lost was because you werent a 100%,And you will come back better than ever. We see this shit all the time but you will never see Fedor say that bullshit. LONG LIVE THE EMPORER!

48. CobraClutch says:

Just because we hoped a guy gets better and doesn't die doesn't mean we're all Dana's sheep. A lot of the people wishing Brock well didn't even like him. They just don't think another human should have to suffer.

49. I agree cobra clutch i dont wont anybody to suffer either I just felt like Dana was making it worse than it was. Kinda like my motherinlaw if you got to have a gall blader removed she acts like your about to die that you might not make it. When really its nothing but a simple surgery,people tend to exagerate like Dana . Brock had my prayers as well as everybody elses.

50. Leave it up to Hall to somehow take a conversation about Brock Lesnar being sick and somehow tie that in to how everything is Dana's fault and how Fedor is better than all that. Its like this on every thread on this website. We get where you stand already.