Dana White Reacts To Rampage vs Rashad, Wants Diego at 155

Following the UFC 114 card in Las Vegas, UFC Pres Dana White reacts to the outcome of Quinton Rampage Jackson vs. Rashad Evans. When asked about Diego Sanchez at the UFC 114 post-fight press conference, White states:

“I’m not [Sanchez's] manager, but I think he should stay at [lightweight]. Listen, a loss to B.J. Penn doesn’t mean you go back up to 170. It means you stay at 155, and you do what Kenny Florian did. You stay in there and you keep grinding it out and keep beating the top guys, and you get back in line and work your way back up to the top again… Diego does not look good at 170.” [Junkie]

Diego’s helplessness to adapt after an unsuccessful takedowns, has many fans wondering if he can still compete against the best at 170lbs. The best fight out there for him now is a rematch with Kenny Florian at 155lbs.

Comments

1. Rampage says:

Rashad owns my ass now, you know what I'm saying? I talked tons and tons of smack and then I lost like the french, you know what I'm saying? And now ninjas are saying that Neeson made the biggest mistake of his storied career doing "A-Team", and my part is pretty lame you know what I'm saying? May be I should focus on MMA and stop acting like a punk, you know what I'm saying? Man, now I gotta go fetch Rashad some tea, since he owns my out of shape ass, you know what I'm saying? Word to Dana yo!

2. Count the MooONaaEY! says:

Can u Say Rigged.That fight was Weak he didnt want to fight(Rashad).Ramp didnt finish him . How r u going to miss that many punches in the third round had him hurt and walked around for almost 1min and some seconds let rashad get his wind back?????? It's all about the MooNay! Rashad fights Shougun and gets KO'D! Jackson fights Machida lose by dec. Watch that will be ufc 118 and 119. the will both lose and meet up again in ufc 121 or122.

3. Rampage says:

You sayin I threw that fight munthfuka?

People are bored of me an Rashad, there are hundreds other fights they wan see, you kno what I'm saying?

4. Alvan Dal says:

Prediction : Sanchez is fighting in a Bellators tournament within a year

5. Alvan Dal says:

Prediction : Sanchez is fighting in a Bellator tournament within a year

6. CobraClutch says:

BJ Penn was right. Sanchez was an over-achiever because he was so mentally strong. He looked really weak in this fight. He'll get handled by Ken-Flo, too. His best bet is to be a gate-keeper and bottom feeder, but they never last too long in the UFC.

7. Rampage says:

His best bet is to be a Gate Keeper and Bottom Feeder?

Why do you bother posting?

8. That bottom feeder would rip you a new asshole.

9. WHODINI says:

i dont think he has quite acheived gate keeper status very close tho

10. CobraClutch says:

I post, because I'm correct. Prove me wrong instead of just attacking me. Say something to Alvan Dal, who pretty much says Sanchez is worse than what I said. He said Sanchez will be cut from the UFC and fighting in Bellator in a year. But do you talk shit about him? Nope. Why? Because he typed in a different name than "CobraClutch"…so don't try to start a new war, and be a hero. Post your opinions and back them up with facts instead of just talking shit against me, trolls.

11. WHODINI says:

book it then back it up

12. CobraClutch says:

WHODINI, seems like we agree, so I don't know if you're asking me to back it up or the others, but I'll back up my point here, just to be certain, and to show the others how to back up their opinions and not just attack without backing up their shit…

Sanchez obviously couldn't compete with the heavier guys, so he dropped to 155. After having some success there and growing, he got to fight BJ after barely beating Guida. Obviously, we saw how out-classed Sanchez was against. BJ. KenFlo is getting better by every fight. So, Sanchez' only option is to fight KenFlo @ 155. Dana is correct on that one.

Obviously, Sanchez can't hang with the bigger boys now that he's dropped down to a weight that's more suited for him, and it's looking like he can't hang with the top 155'ers, either. He has to make major changes in his game plans and really take it to another level, more so than just doing more "Yes Cartwheels" in order to be more than a middling fighter.

For the record, I am a Sanchez fan, but being a fan doesn't mean that you can't see the reality of your fighter's limitations.

And, obviously Sanchez would kick MY ass, but that doesn't mean he's not a gate-keeper in the UFC. Many shitty fighters in the UFC would kick my ass, and everyone else's ass on this forum, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong, just because I can't beat up someone who's not making it in the top ranks of the UFC. lol.

That's how you argue a point…try it some time, trolls, instead of just attacking whatever I write.

Thanks, WHODINI, hopefully we've taught trolls something here today. hahahaha.

13. CobraClutch is an as says:

This is why nobody likes you. You make a point and then cap it off by insulting everyone else;

"That’s how you argue a point…try it some time, trolls, instead of just attacking whatever I write."

"Thanks, WHODINI, hopefully we’ve taught trolls something here today. hahahaha."

Your a ASS!

14. CobraClutch is an as says:

Not only was your arguement not as great as it was in your own mind but I didn't sense WHODINI was totaly on your side when he told you to "book it", thats just code on this forum for "CobraClutch is an ASS!"

Book it!

15. if anyone disagrees with cobraclutch, they can meet at runyan canyon. come dressed as ken and he will be ryu.

16. CobraClutch says:

I have to educate the idiots again (sigh)….this is getting mundane and boring…but I'll try to teach yet again…

"insulting everyone else?" nope…try again…I said "try it some time, trolls" and that would obviously mean I was talking about those who just attack anything I write, but never back up their attacks or explain their thinking. The trolls (like you) are just here to attack ANYTHING I write. You're like Republicans. Anything Obama is for, they're against. If I said I liked puppies and donating my time to soup kitchens on the weekend, some of you would STILL call me an ass just because the post was written by "CobraClutch."

If my argument wasn't great (mister let me change my name to hide behind yet another fake identity), then why don't you prove me wrong? How am I wrong, then? Back it up…break down my points. Debate it. Do something other than just hating, you troll.

Now I'm leaving for the day. I bet you little girls are going to be writing about me all day though…even though I won't think about you one time.

Ready……set……..ok, now go hate some more…..

17. CobraClutch says:

And one more educational fact for you haters…like I've always said…you can disagree with me…I don't mind. But when you attack my writing and don't back it up, you're just a hater. If you said "I disagree because A,B,C" then I won't argue with you…I'll respect that you have an opinion.

I have said that numerous times, and even apologized, to BigJohn, for example, when I called Vlad a "can" and he intelligently broke down what Vlad was NOT a can. I always laugh at my terrible skill at predicting fights, too. How many of you trolls want to remember that? None. It's too much fun for you to attack me. But that's OK. I am strong and have broad shoulders.

Ugh…this is pointless…anything I write won't make you understand, because some of you are know-it-alls. When you think you know everything, you can't learn anything.

This will be the last time I try to educate you trolls. You'll just be proving my point. For the last time, either back up your criticisms with your own reasonings, or you're just a pathetic hater.

18. CobraClutch's m says:

Chutchie what did i tell u about keyboard bullying, i'm i gonna have to transfer u to another website again first u et kicked out of women's basketball website now this *sighs*

19. CobraCrotch says:

Numbnuts actually thinks calling Sanchez a gate keeper is a fact and not an opinion so what is there to prove? You clearly lost in the other topic so don't pretend you're gonna win here! Typing more doens't give you the round. It's what you type and you beat yourself everytime. People now know you're the biggest loser here on this site and laugh at you every chance they get. I like how you're out living life with all of these posts you're doing. lol You lost!

20. Borris da Blade says:
  21. CobraClutch says:

You're all right! I'm a pathetic loser and going to run to mommy! I give up!!!!! WWWAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! (cry)

22. BOOK IT!

23. I dont think you can call someone with his resume a bottom. He fought a terrible fight, but it was only one fight. I think after being beaten bad by BJ, he is just shaky getting back to it. Has he ever been beaten that bad before? I think we will start to see the old Sanchez that climbs back up the weight classes.

24. Agreed. Sanchez is an awesome fighter, he needs to settle in ONE weight class and work his way back. Less than a year ago he was a strong contender for a Belt and like few fighters today most of his skills increase with time, that being said anyone can win a fight, which is part of what makes this sport so exciting.

25. Aldo Raine says:

I personally think that BJ mentally broke Sanchez. The dude just got one of the biggest cuts I've ever seen above his eye. You know how much scar tissue is going to form there and how easy that spot is going to be to bleed. I saw an interview with him that said it healed really well but either way there still gonna be a lot of scar tissue there. I don't think he wants to stand with people and wants to use his wrestling more so than he used to. I don't think he's an elite wrestler. A good wrestler maybe but not elite. He wont be able to rely on his wrestling alone.

26. CobraClutch says:

Time will tell who was correct.

27. CobraClutch says:

Oh, and very funny guys. :)

28. Time will also show how much posting you do on this site. Even with all the training, hanging with friends and living the good life with all the hottest chicks in the world you still find time to post in every hour on every topic. It's amazing. Have you won any of those posts yet by the way? LMAO Watch him come back and claim how he somehow "won" again. Love that pic Boris.

29. CobraClutch says:

Yeah 10am to 9:30pm…..every hour. hahaha. Like you're going to stop me from posting my thoughts. hahahaha. Right.

30. TartanTorpedo says:

Although Sanchez looked no where near the fighter he was in the past i think people are overlooking the fact that Hathaway fought a great fight and deserves more credit in my mind.

He's also very young at only 22, if he keeps beating opponents of the quality of Sanchez then he'll definaltely end up one of the premier fighters in years to come.

There are some cracking fighters coming through the ranks which is good to see and in my mind more exciting than seeing 40 year old boxers cross the divide.

31. CobraCunt says:

CobraClutch – what is it with you and the happy faces. Are you a girl?

I think you are.

No male on the planet does that, accept for homo's.

32. CobraClutch says:

Ahhhh….high school is out for summer. Nice work, Miko troll. At least when I argue about something, it's about MMA, and douchebags like you attacking me for posting my thoughts. hahahaha. But go back through the boards, and you'll see quite a few other people using smileys, including Cage, Dane, BigJohn…so in your attempt to insult me, you're actually insulting a lot of other good people here, so try harder next time and be a little more creative….. :)

Anyways…

Great point, Tartan. You're absolutely right. Overlooked in this whole thing was Hathaway's performance. He's a very humble and hard-working 22-yr-old, and I can't wait to see what happens to him.

33. "go back through the boards, and you’ll see quite a few other people using smileys, including Cage, Dane, BigJohn…so in your attempt to insult me, you’re actually insulting a lot of other good people here, so try harder next time and be a little more creative….. :) "

You're such a dumbass Cobra. If you went far back enough (like yesterday) you'd see that I also use emoticons. How much of a hypocrite would I be if I bagged on you with a different name for doing something that *I* do!?!

Sure, I'll take some responsibility for the cobra hate: because, well frankly you deserved it. But all I did was get the ball rolling.

However, when I said I was done with you, I was. Even *AFTER* you threw the extra cheap shots while playing last word.

It's not me using all of the different names.

I post with only ONE name and I don't give a fuck whether you believe me or not. This is the last time I will address your attention whore of an ass. Because really, you're just not that important to me.

34. King Kong says:

to be fair, for someone who doesn't care about somebody you only post on this site to argue with him

35. Whatever Kong, I just came on to maintain my innocence.