Dana White On Steroids In The Sport

UFC President Dana White general statement on steroids,

White, who said he does not know the particulars of Sonnen’s situation, was exasperated on Sunday. He wants to eradicate steroids from the sport, but is realistic enough to know how difficult it is and is compassionate enough that he doesn’t want to bury someone further.

“What else do I do?” White said. “We’ve spent millions of dollars — literally, millions of dollars — to try to get this thing regulated so they can be tested by the government. Do you know how much it costs us to put on that fighter seminar every year? Let me tell you, we’re bringing guys in from all over the world. We have guys from England, Germany, Croatia, Australia, Korea. We have 350 guys under contract and they’re coming from all over the world. It costs us a (expletive) ton, but we do it because it’s important.

“When one of them fails a test, the government is going to fine them and suspend them and tell them they can’t make a living for a year. So should I come in after they’ve already lost the ability to make a living for a year and been fined all this money and, in the worst economic disaster in the history of the world, fine them another huge amount and take away their ability to make a living even longer?

“These are guys with homes and families and personal lives and bills and debts and obligations, just like me and you,” White said. “After they lost all this money already, money that, A, they’ve probably already spent and B, which they owe taxes, do I fine them another huge amount? What else do you do to a human being?” [Yahoo]

If the UFC or any other large scale sports organization wanted to eradicate steroids and other PED’s from the sport they could. The fact is they benefit from these guys looking and preforming like wild unchecked animals.

In the long run, though, it will be up to the fighters to eradicate steroids from the sport. They need to understand the risks of usage, to themselves, to their opponents and to their sport. If a push to eliminate performance-enhancing drugs from MMA doesn’t come from the fighters, it will never be truly effective.

Relying on fighters who make a living if they win, to stop taking steroids is not even an option. These guys dedicated blood sweat and tears to the sport, any edge they can have on their opponent they will take it.

Comments

1. When I read this quickly, I thought the headline was "Dana White On Steroids." I thought that explained some things.

2. ^ yeah me too. that'd be hilarious.

3. CobraClutch - The RE says:

Dane, your too stupid for words – Dana is talking about Sonnen's use of drugs!

MORON!

Your an idiot too Hosan

4. I think Dana white is on steroids. Don't judge me.

5. WWE is Tops says:

The WWE was at least not trying to fool anyone about their steroid use. MMA sucks!

6. WWE is Tops

I love your name

Anything is "Tops" is great

That was a popular term in the 40's

7. Timmie is a Bitch says:

Were you around in the 40's to know bitch? It is a good thing that you started to limit your postings because your long as novels and all of your arguing was close to putting you right there with CC.

8. I don't get it. Your upset because he likes your name?

9. Tico is a Bitch says:

Tico, I could understand why you would not get it, retard. If you look at the last sentence, he is being sarcastic. Does everything have to be spelled out for you?

10. Tico is a Bitch..... says:

lol @ #8. awesome.

11. STEROIDS-BOYCOTT-STEROIDS-BOYCOTT-STEROIDS-BOYCOTT

Done with MMA, Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, Underwater Basket weaving, ha,ha,ha etc.

I am tired of all the cheaters and steroids. If a sport cannot do olympic style blood and urine testing for hgh, steroids, etc, then they are not going to get my money. Look at baseball. Even though the sport is boring and has many problems, steroids killed baseball's revenue. I see the empty stands and see how cameras try to manipulate seating shots to make it appear there is a full stadium. A real man stands on his own two feet for what he is and struggles to change his weaknesses into strengths, not cheat with steroids. All those mma cheaters are just a bunch of losers, and regardless of the media hype or money thrown they will always look like that in everyone's eyes, period. Why don't I give everyone a bat who didn't take steroids to even the playing field. Americans know their "pro" sports are tainted, and we don't need to wait for congress to fix you. Everyone speaks of mma like it is a circus rather than a sport because of all the controversy. You are going the same route as fake wrestling or strongman competitions that make no money because of steroid losers. It is cause and effect. Less fans, less attendance at other venues like bars, means less money for all businesses around. Regulate steroids before it destroys your source of income. I know I am not going to any events until you fix this crap.

List of Steroid Cheaters, some are still with their organizations after a slap on the wrist.ex Chris Leben

JOSH BARNETT (now with strikeforce), TIM SYLVIA, KIMO LEOPOLDO, NATE MARQUARDT, VITOR BELFORT, STEPHAN BONNAR, PAWEL NASTULA, KIT COPE, JOHNNIE MORTON, ROYCE GRACIE, JORGE ORTIZ, PHIL BARONI, SEAN SHERK (still with UFC), HERMES FRANCA, ANTHONY TORRES, BILL MAHOOD, ADAM SMITH, JASON WINTHERS, RUBEN VILLAREAL, DENNIS HALLMAN, ALEXANDER CRISPIM, CARINA DAMM, ALEXANDRE NOGUEIRA, ANTONIO SILVA, EDWIN DEWEES, CHRIS LEBEN (still with UFC), KIRILL SIDELNIKOV, KEN SHAMROCK, JOSH BARNETT, COLE PROVINCE, CHAEL SONNEN (still with UFC), SHANE CARWIN (not caught but federal link to purchase of steroids).

Really, you cheat you get another chance, bullshit!!!

For everyone who supports steroid use, I don't know what to say. You are either born a man or not, and compensating by drugs pretty much answers those questions. Everyone can see when most anyone really abuses steroids, and notes records broken, and people dying of cancer early. I hope those that support it take it and die from the stuff so the rest of us can enjoy this rock with a few less losers on it.

Piss tests are not good enough because any cheater can use a catheter and fill his bladder with whatever at any time. The testing is also not that costly, for blood and urine, so that argument don't fly with me either. Also sports need to publicly state who was on what whenever they fail a test. Football and baseball keep their information private other than announcing a failed PED. I hear about a steroid user and I boycott and bad mouth.

Dana White you are a DOUCHE

Army of Darkness

12. that list should include any performance enhancer including HgH, Cocaine, alcohol, Caffeine, Stimulants, Marijuana, Speed, etc.

If we limit it to just steroids then we're all copping out

13. …and while testing pro athletes is of course important, it should be mandatory for all politicians to be drug tested on a monthly basis, they are making our decisions for us and if under any narcotic influence, should be punished to the fullest extent of the law

14. fire sonnen says:

I agree with you bad vibe. Anything that gives someone an advantage, especially contact sports need to be regulated. We all know it is a joke, but you are missing one point. Eventually someone is going to get hurt or killed or lose a match where they come back and sue. Since this is all about money why can't fans sue the UFC for their money back if they allow cheating. What about the betting spread, etc. Simply the fighters that lose and have their record tainted by an unfair loss. This steroid controversy is going to work itself out. But you are right we all see sports at some level as a joke.

15. I think Dana White is really on steroids. That would explain all the jumping around and crazy stuff he does. His video podcast things should be banned from television. Their so boring I can't believe they would get any raitings.