Dana White “It’s time to bring this guy [Fedor] in, to see Brock Lesnar smash his head”

fedor-emelianenko

UFC President Dana White,

“CBS would be out of their mind to put that rinky-dink [Strikeforce] . . . on the air again . . . and without that backing, [promoters] won’t have the money to pay [Emelianenko].”

“The guy just got his face smashed in by Brett Rogers. Do you know what Brock or [UFC heavyweights] Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez would do to Brett Rogers? …It’s time to bring this guy [Fedor] in, to see Brock Lesnar smash his head.”

Dana White being overly confident in the UFC heavyweight as he makes some comments about CBS’s broadcast of Strikeforce “Fedor vs Rogers” to the LA Times. Just in case you missed the action,

"It's time to bring this guy [Fedor] in, to see Brock Lesnar smash his head"" data-via="" >
Dana White "It's time to bring this guy [Fedor] in, to see Brock Lesnar smash his head"" data-url="http://www.cagetoday.com/dana-white-its-time-to-bring-this-guy-fedor-in-to-see-brock-lesnar-smash-his-head/" data-via="">

Comments

1. Great post. this will be sure to ruffle some feathers.

2. What an asshole

3. dana just wishing he had them both.

4. CobraClutch says:

If you ask me (not that you are, but I'll tell you anyways!)…sounds like Dana is a little scared. Why keep insulting your competitor if they're no threat to you and won't be around long? Hmmmm? UFC is perfectly fine, but I think Dana wants the WHOLE PIE, not just the biggest piece.

He can do like Activision, if he wants, and just buy out the competition. Oh…kinda like they did with Pride. ;)

5. I don't think Brock would 'smash' Fedor, but I would love to see the fight. I think Fedor would win, but it could go either way.

Hope it happens early in 2010.

6. I agree with Andy and CobraClutch, But I hope I never see Fedor fighting for Dana White. I want to see Brock and Fedor face off, but none of the profits going in Dana's pocket. All the fame of UFC has went to Dana White's head.

7. I hope dana has his down fall someday so it can shut up his big mouth

8. come on dana. fedor got his faced smashed in? dan is really reaching on that. fedor destroyed rodgers. yeah dana i do kno what mir, brock, cain would do to brett rodgers…. probably the same thing if not less. brock is the only one that can beat fedor and just the same fedor is the only one that can beat brock.

9. Yes Brock and Fedor are the biggest Competition for each other but I hate to even think of how much money Dana White would make for it. That makes me sick to my

Stomach.

10. Fedor doesn't have the balls to go to the UFC. If he did something might happen to his perfect question. I hope he retires so there will alway be that Question mark over his head about if he's the best fighter ever. I've never seen a fight that so many people hate and love. He's no real champion anymore like Silva or GSP. Those two everyone knows there good and nobody argues about and they consistantly want to fight the best. Who's Fedor going to fight…..Overeem, Barnett…What a joke.

11. have you never watched Pride or Sambo or Red Devil Sport Club or Affiliation? (you Dumbass) Fedor is the only fighter that dose not just wait for one fight he is setting up fights with diffrent people.

12. Aldo Raine says:

I dont see Fedor ever going to the UFC because he could damage his record. I just hope that if Brock keeps winning his fights that he is considered the best Heavyweight fighter in the world. Seems unfair for him to be fighting top competition and for Fedor to start fighting these mediocre fighters. Brett Rodgers is similar to Carwin in the striking which neither of them are that great of strikers they just punch hard but Carwin is also a hell of a wrestler whereas Roders is a one dimensional fighter. I've given up on the fact of Fedor going to the UFC. Even if Strikeforce goes under and UFC will offer millions of dollars for him he'd still rather be fighting in some back yard for a few thousand dollars rather than risking his record.

13. Dana needs to STFU cain ?mir? we wil only know what they would do if they ever fought. the rest is bla bla like alway's :S

14. Its a win win scenario for all, Everyone will make money and the fans get to see a great fight history in the making. Bottom line it seems the only thing Dana wouldnt do to make this fight happen is co promote with M-1 enough said, its all on M-1 to make this happen not the UFC.

15. Dana is still a dbag. He is the biggest ego maniac…..what is funny is Dana refuses to "co-promote"….anyone remember when he let Chuck go to Pride because Chuck wanted to fight Vanderlai so bad.

16. CobraClutch says:

Fedor isn't ducking anybody or anything. He just fights whoever is in front of him. He's fought tall, short, great, weak, whatever. He's always taken on all comers, and never backed down or expressed that he wouldn't be up for any fight. The only reason why Fedor isn't in the UFC is because of Dana not wanting to share a piece of the pie with M-1 (and rightfully so…screw M-1, just because they have a national connection with Fedor…UFC built up their brand, they don't NEED Fedor or M-1 to take the promotional profits). Otherwise, Fedor would have been schedule to fight Lesnar, not Carwin, and that would have gotten post-poned because of Brock's illness anyways. So at least we got to see Fedor fight another big KO artist with Rogers.

17. Leave Fedor ALONEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Fedor has a dwarf head -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE7LtLBO1Pc&fe

18. damn aldos a dumbass

19. http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dai

and if this is true then dana whites comment on cbs is fuckin stupid and hes scarred of the competition

20. iapodaca….I think Dana was talking about how much companies pay Fedor and then they dont bring in enough money. Which is probably pretty accurate. It was free on TV and it wasn't ppv so their not going to get as much money. HAHA also I'm sure the UFC is terrified right now because their going to go out of business because strikeforce is going to take them over.

21. chris montagne says:

Fedor is humble and makes people want to better themselves…

Dana and "Arrested for Roids" lesnar (see the smoking gun site for details) are the opposite, bullies looking to destroy anyone they're not using to make $$$.

I am officially giving up on the classless ufc after 14 years, I am totally sick of this group of thug losers, you know they're the type who'd stab you in the back to make more $, grinding fighters down to make a name for themselves…

Fedor>ufc fighters>dogshit>ufc organization including fake "reality tv" dana- who faked a boxing feud with Tito for ratings and IS ON ROIDS HIMSELF!!! Go look at an old video of dana the scrawny, rotten toothed balding loser, high pitched voice, ha ha- now he's captain bad ass, amp'd up on "Vitamins", what a joke… NO CLASS.

22. chris montagne says:

CBS's advertisers paid a lot, everyone did good on this fight, dana see's they are a sinking bunch of classless vegas style gangsters so he'll fight all the way down, even if he kills MMA in the process…

23. dana, get your head out of your a**! Fedor would crush Lesnar! plus that fight won't happen, u can't even get Lesnar in the cage to fight anybody!! how long are you gonna let Lesnar wear the title without fightin'? HE IS WITHOUT A DOUGHT THE BIGEST B**CH CHAMP!!! MAKE HIM FIGHT OR STRIP HIM OF THE TITLE!!! STOP F**KIN' AROUND!!!

24. I really really hate Dana White, disrespecting both Fedor and Brett here in this column where in both really didn't do anything to deserve it.

25. Dan is a TOOL, let's see brock fight lashley, Dana talks soo much shit but never backs it up, Dana is the Don King of MMA, I truly believe that he will ruin MMA

26. it's not that dana doesn't want to share with M1 , he doesn't want to share with anybody, Last year when fedor was in talks with UFCn dana would not allow fedor to fight in the world sambo championships(which he was the champ), the world sambo championships has nothing to do with M1 or MMA, Dana is a greedy deuche bag who would piss his pants if he had to fight in the cage.

27. that ko was brutal. fedor put everything into that punch.

28. CobraClutch says:

Shawn, the guy (Lesnar) just won the belt (officially) in July and was supposed to fight this month. That's 4 months. But he was sick. Be realistic about your accusations, dude. Lesnar isn't sitting on the belt like Cung Le did. I don't like Lesnar, but let's be real.

29. I forgot all about Chuck going to Pride! Why dont Dana let Brock go fight Fedor hell why dose Fedor got to go to UFC just to fight . Looks to me like like they could meet in the middle some where.I believe I would rather see Fedor fight somebody more his style, sombody who dosent ack like his shit dont stink, somebody who in my opinion is one of the best, Randty Cotoure,! Randy and Fedor to me is what MMA is all about.Rubs you said it correct.Dana talks to much shit I think in his mind he is scared about something. Seems like Dana forgot all about some of his best fighters just because they may have lost a fight or two.It seems like all he knows is just Brock.

30. Man just sittin back looking at what Dana said just makes me sick. It just gose to show you what i have always said about Dana HE IS SELFISH AND CHILDISH! You will never here Fedor say anything bad about anyone he just laughs it off.

31. WAR SHOGUN are you sure you aint kin to Dana.HA HA

32. I like Dana. He has pretty much made MMA where it is today. He has also taken the best fighters in the world and put them in one organization so we can see dream fights. He always makes the fights that the people wants to see. Everyone claims he doesn't pay his fighters very much but if your in the main event or even the sub main event your making about $100,000 to $300,000 thousand per fight……plus they get a share of ppv revinues where most of their money comes from which most the time is over a million dollars. Some people bitch that the low card people dont get paid very well but their fighting in the UFC which you should be happy you've made it and you get more sponsers when you come to the UFC. Rich Franklin alone makes a million dollars in sponsors. I also dont see how anyone can blame Dana for Fedor not signing. Who would want to co-promote with M-1. UFC doensn't need Fedor. They gave him probably the best offer in UFC history and he turned it down. Everyone says that Fedor doesn't care about money but maybe he should care about his fans because when he turned down the deal there were a lot of Fedor fans whether they admit it or not that where angry he turned it down.

33. CobraClutch says:

I agree with Mike. We need more reasonable people up in here. Well said.

34. Mike SAy Fedor did come to the UFC Say Fedor wins aginst Brock or Randy Say Fedor takes the belt. All that shit Dana talked about Fedor would stop Dana would be on Fedors nuts then .Then Dana would brag about haveing the greatest heavyweight fighter in the world he would forget all about Brock like he has done Randy.Plus Fedor would probally get bored cause he can only fight in the UFC.Fedor would become Danas slave ,his money maker. Dana would be alright if he would quit talking shit about other fighters outside his camp.Maybe if he would praise them and be happy for them instead of cutting them down he might would get the fighters he needs to make us happy. MMA is not about Dana it is about the fighters I love to watch these guys in action its realy the only thing I watch. Theres always going to be different mma organaztions and I will be right there waching wether its UFC or not. Come to think of it I realy think Brock is a good fighter. I shouldnt be talkin shit about Brock like I have, its just that when I think about Brock I think about Dana ,and Dana I do not like,. WAR SHOGUN I cant believe I just said that about Brock,maybe he will loose that Dana White attitude and become a great fighter.Like Randy and Fedor.

35. Scooby-Doo says:

Hall#29 D.White just wants to control everything . They bought Pride and F$@k that up. White's just mad he could'nt get on a CBS (Sho XCelite/Strikeforce)or NBC(Strikeforce late night fights)First. He had to go cable (Spike). Us fans must be careful he's GREED Could F#*!!K up the MMA landscape. Fedor would Take out Brock. Do your homework and look at the fight he had with Couture. If Couture 40ish could land some good shot on brock and he is not a KO Fighter. Fedor has Power in the right hand goodnight. Rogers has more fights than Brock and bigger than Brock Need I write more.

36. Scooby-Doo says:

Shitt! I got Rogers to take out Brock. If he ever get's rid of his cold.lol

37. Well said Scooby, I said the same thing today with some of my friends about Randy landing some good shots in that fight I saw Brocks legs get a little week on one of them shots.I think if Brock got kocked out at least one time it would change his cocky atitude but he is a good wrestler . I would rather see Fedor vs Randy I like these two fighters

38. You guys can't honestly be telling me that you think Rodgers could take out Brock. I mean yea it could happen……Same thing Carwin could take out Fedor because Carwin punches hard to. I mean its the same thing. I dont think you guys give Brock enough credit. He is a great fighter if you dont think so then maybe watch a few more of his matches. He is a little green but the guy is getting better with each performance and he does have the UFC heavyweight title. Also he was no more stunned in the Randy fight than Fedor was in the Rodgers fight. I mean when looking at Brock you really have to nit pick to find something wrong with him. You said that his feet got weak when Randy Caught him….What about when Brock took him down or when Brock made him wobble on his feet twice or when Brock won. I dont think people are giving Brock his credit. He's a huge douche bag and a meathead but the guy is an amazing fighter and he is going to be around for a while. Also correct me on this if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Rodgers normal weight is around 265 but Brocks normal weight is around 285 to 290.

39. weight dosent mean anything to Fedor most of the guys he fights is usually bigger than him the big guys go in for the kill and Fedor sits back and waits for them to make a mistake. I would rather see Fedor fight somone more his size it makes the fight exiting.He gose through the big guys easy but not NOG.Fedor and NOG always make for an interesting fight. Ive always said when Fedor looses it will be to someone his size .

40. WAR SHOGUN says:

Its not so much about size but athleticism. Sure Fedor has done good against big guys, but when has Fedor fought a guy this size, heavy and fast as hell whit a wrestling and power in his hands that would rape (lol) anyone apart? NEVER. Am not saying Brock would kill Fedor (but I think so ;) ) am just saying you gotta look at this fight with common sense and not fanaticism.

41. WAR SHOGUN says:

Oh and Dana is Dana. If it wasn't for his attitude MMA would not be where it is. Everyone who says they are never watching UFC again are lying to themselves. Sure he is a dick, hell he even looks like a dick, but some of what he says is true… SOME. Strikeforce is not gonna last too long. How much money you think they made with the last show? not much when you offer a fight for free and pay ridiculous amounts of money to the fighters. Sure its nice for the fans and for the fighters, but not for the business. Same thing happened to EliteXC and this guys are practically clones of elite….

42. CobraClutch says:

You guys know it's a waste of time to debate Rogers vs. Brock, or Fedor vs. Brock because it's never going to happen. At least not in the next year. Not unless Dana agrees to a co-sponsorship, which he won't, doesn't have to, and shouldn't. It's his league and he built it up. Screw M-1. As long as Fedor is with M-1 then Fedor will not come to the UFC.

And hell no, Rogers would NOT take out Lesnar. Lesnar is WAY too big and too athletic for anyone out there right now with the exception of Fedor.

43. dana is just pissed that he is full of mediocre heavyweights. and all of you freakin douche bags that think fedor has anything more to prove then you dont know shit about mma and you are all little dana white puppets that believe all the bull shit he feeds you. if dana wasnt sure he was the best why in the hell do you think he would off fedor more than 10 times his top paid fighter (brock lesnar 400,000 per fight). fedor 30,000,000 for a 6 fight contract. thats 5,000,000 per fight. why wont he give him a one fight offer, cause he knows hes gonna smash anybody he has to offer and prove he is the best there ever was or will be. then he leaves and dana looks like a fool with second rate heavy fighters. plus i believe there is about 12 past ufc heavyweights fedor has took care of. and to the idiot (MUAY TAI) that thinks anderson silva is one of the best fighters, go watch some of his pride videos where he suffered about 4 losses to nobody japanese fighters. the only real fighter he has fought in the ufc is dan henderson and he was winning till he got caught with a flying knee. he better be glad he isnt fighting vitor at 108 cause he was about to get his ass kicked

44. Fedor wasnt offered 30 mil, but it was millions and if you think Lesnar and other UFCfighters only bring in 400K your stupid, most top level talent gets base pay plus paperview buys cuts and sponsorship pay, example Lesnar vs couture both men cleared 1.2 Million each after everything.

Its comment like this that prove you dont know shit about MMA at all—dana is just pissed that he is full of mediocre heavyweights. and all of you freakin douche bags that think fedor has anything more to prove then you dont know shit about mma and you are all little dana white puppets that believe all the bull shit he feeds you.

Really Big KC?? So what is a Mediocre HWGHT fighter??? Fedor has alot to prove to real MMA fans since he is still fighting. It would be different if he retired but since he is still fighting an IS NOT FIGHTING ANYONE OF QUALITY it brings questions and non commital answers and its makes him and M-1 look weak. Fedor doesnt have to prove anything its just his legacy will be tarnished since he will not fight the top level talent anymore, here and there a few but overall you have guys like Couture, Mir, Carwin, Velasquez and Lesnar fighting REAL COMPETITION. Dana isnt full of shit, he is a bussiness man and since the world thinks Fedor is the best and can not be beaten he wants to prove it and make a killing in the meantime, either way a fight with Fedor and any UFC HWGHT would bring in Millions and the more obvious one is with Lesnar. Its people like you who dont know MMA who only base there opinions on who they nut hug the most and who they dont like, but a true MMA fan will understand the MMA world and Fedor and a Lesnar fight and what that will mean to the world if that fight happens what the results of that fight are, maily Fedor has alot more to lose in a fight VS Lesnar and so does M-1, right now there making there money on fedor being the unbeatable force with no losses but a technical loss So if he fights Lesnar and loses drasticly that ruins his career and his legacy and pretty much makes M-1 NOTHING, and if Lesnar loses well its just adds to Fedors legacy and makes a serious statement and will make M-1 and Fedor seriously rich.

Bottom line is Dana is good for the MMA world he makes shit happen he has helped make MMA what it is today, the UFC puts on the best fights possible within reason and they realize that having Fedor in the UFC will make everyone happy and rich but there not willing to risk what they have built up for years for a quick pay day and potential glory basking which you must respect them for.

Either way the UFC is here to stay like him love him or hate him, Dana is good for MMA and is taking this sport to the highest level possible.

I want to see the best fighter to date Fedor take on the best fighters everytime he fights, thats all a true MMA fan can ask for.

45. Dana is again dumb. He tried this tactic before. It didnt work on him 6 months ago and its not working now. If he is SO SURE that Fedor would lose in the UFC then why doesnt he just do a Co-Promotion with M-1 and get it over with. If Lesnar beat him it would crush them and put strikeforce way off the grid. Here is why. Because he knows Fedor has a good chance of beating Lesnar or anyone else in the ufc.Look at Big Nog. A top 3 HW and he got beat by Fedor twice both by unanimous decision. Then he says a LOL coment putting Frank Mir in the conversation and Cain Velasquez? Cain just beat Ben Rothwell. Rothwell is way worse than Brett Rogers. Frank Mir is a joke. Lets see him lose to wes sims again please. Mir looked great against Nog and I thought he was good but little did I know that Big Nog was in the fucking hospital that week for being sick and shit. Bottom line dana is threatened by what Fedor brings against the UFC. And thats competition.

Tim you do know that Fedor has beaten some of the greatest fighters in HW history right? 31-1 is unreal. Lesnar is 4-1. With that steroid strength he could out muscle anyone but his technique will NEVER be as great as someone who has trained their whole lives in mma. This is why he will never be close to the greatest mma HW fighter. He will always be dangerous but he is WAY to 1 dimensional. Carwin will show how bad his stand up is. Fedor could KO Lesnar then everyone would say he couldnt beat someone else. It is never good enough for some people. Bottom line is Fedor CAN beat anyone in the world at an mma fight. Everyone is beatable yes but it is the least likely to happen to him. He is the #1 HW fighter.

46. I just rad your bottom post Tim. I guess you understand it. But everyone who flames on Fedor is still stupid as fuck as he continues to devastate opponents. But man Rogers hits like a fucking truck.

47. The ufc hw division is weak i dont care what anyone says. The only hw that i would love 2 see fedor fight in the ufc is brock and thats it. Seriously u see shane carwin knock out a bunch of nobodies except for gonzaga who got beat by couture and all of a sudden ufc hw division is awesome? I mean frank mir? who got his ass kicked by brandon vera and cain velasquez who almost got knocked out by kongo? wake the fuck up the ufc hw divison sucks ass and this is just my opinion but the only hw i wanna see fedor fight is brock lesnar. Watching fedor fight rogers or overeem is just as good as watching him fight any ufc hw except for brock.

48. Dana white is good for businiss part of mma but not good for the sport he talks Waaaaay to much crap for a fight promoter and and soon a a fighter wants to do somthing else we all know what wil happen.

And why is he making such a big deal out uf this strick force wil go bank krupt:SRIGHT(hahaha hell no they wont and dana knows and that whats bothering him so much .

49. GG, Than who has the best HW Division???? Strikeforce??? YAH OKAY, when you really look at it the UFC is the major org out there and they have tons of talent in the HW division, up and comers and future and current stars. As of this moment the UFC HW division is not weak.

50. yes dana cross promote than to porve it, you take strikeforces top 4 guys against the ufc's

fedor-lesnar

werdum-cain

overeem-carwin

big foot-nog

i don't know i think stike force would have more guys in the next round maybe not though.

fedor-cain

overeem-nog

fedor- nog

fedor.

match them up how ever you like there top 4 guys could hang with anyone in the ufc and vice versa.