Dana White Guarantees Chuck Liddell Done With Fighting

Comments

1. Dana is the stuff. What a business man!! Nice props for Herb Dean.

2. Rampage says:

Agreed homey!

Refs MUST know their sport or they should seek employment elsewhere. Know what I'm sayin yo yo yo yo

3. BJJ Brown Belt says:

Dana is an idiot! "Crynot", what exactly did he say that makes him the "Stuff" or a great "business man"? He basically answered all the questions with obvious answers (we want to sign Shields, Lidell is done, and the referee stopage was bogus) or with his opinions (Barry was to resperctful, Herb Dean is the best official, and Strikeforce is a minor league orgination). The obvious answers, everyone will agree with, because they are obvious. It does not take a CEO or a Master's Degree to be able to reply with those answers. As far as his personal opinions, I disagree with them all. I beleive Barry did not attack Cro Cop on the ground when he went down twice in the first round because Barry has absolutely zero ground game. Had he jumped on Cro Cop, he could have been reversed and possibly submitted. One dimensional fighters can only get so far, even if their strength is top notch. So whether you are Damian Maia, Jake Shields, or Barry, you have to be a more complete fighter or you are only going to be a gatekeeper. Also, I like Herb a lot but the best has always been John McCarthy. Due to the issues that he and the UFC had, of course Dana cannot mention his as the best. Nobody was a vocal, had the decision making ability to know when to stop a fight or stand them back up like MacCarthy. The best thing about him was that he was all this and yet, understoof that the fighters were the show, not him. Finally, in regards to Strikeforce, they are not as big as the UFC but they are a minor league organization? If Dana was not so worried about them, would he take a shot at them every time their name came up? I was very impressed with the event last night. I thoiught it was going to suck because there was no championship fight and the main event was very unirrevelant…but I was wrong. The fights were not the best but it was entertaining. However, I am more excited for the 2 upcoming Strikeforce events than I was for this past and a few other UFCs. There is no doubt that the UFC is the top dog but Strikforce is not a minor league org.

I love the UFC but can't stand Dana!

4. "the main event was very unirrevelant"

what?

5. BJJ Brown Belt says:

What was the point to it? The loser was going to retire and the winner bought himself a few more fights before he retired, but that was it. This was a meaningless as the Randy VS Coleman a few UFCs back. In 2006 this would have been an AWESOME main event but in 2010?…really?

6. Oh! you mean irrelevant.

Who cares if it was? You had to know it was going to be a good fight, didn't you? It was way more relevant that a chuck Tito fight. also, I don't think it was ever stated that Rich would be sent packing if he lost to chuck, just the other way around.

7. Pepitolives09 says:

What was the point of it? Originally it was a grudge match between Chuck and Tito. It became a "legends" fight due to Tito backing out on the fight.

What's the point of Fedor – Werdum? No title implacations based on what Coker says. Then what's the point of Babalu vs Lawler? The winner gets a title shot in their own division?oh wait they aren't even in the same weight class? So a catch weight fight for number one contendership, who does that? Oh yeah a sh!tty minor league organization.

Speaking of it not being 2006 anymore, why should we care about Fedor then?

Strikeforce is garbage! If you want an alternative to the UFC, try Bellator they have a quality product.

8. Oswald Gobblecock says:

All I know is anybody who really thinks Dana's an idiot is pretty stupid themselves. Of course there are things that I don't always agree with but he's the reason we're all in here talking about the sport. MMA wouldn't be where it is today without him. If you don't know that then you need to learn more about it before you can try to compete in this debate. Until then peopel will only laugh.

9. C'mon now boys, this site is loaded with Dana haters, this is nothing new. Why even respond to the same old thing? Believe me there will be lots of negative Dana posts in the future.

As a fan of this sport I appreciate the man cause he supplies myself and other MMA fans with lots of MMA and the promise of lots more in the future with an ever improving roster of talent. That makes me very happy, despite his ego.

10. BJJ Brown Belt says:

Miko, Pepito, Oswald,

All I am trying to say is that Lidell VS Rich should not have been the Mian Event. We all have opinions and if you guys want to stroke Dana's dick all night, go ahead. You guys act like Dana makes sole decisions and that he is so brilliant. Oswald-Dana is not the reason we are talking about this sport, the UFC is and with or without him, the UFC would have made it. Maybe you need a lesson in that the sport was ready to explode and all that was holding it back was state laws. Once those were removed, there was no stopping this. I appreciate the UFC and the UFC is the best. I pay for all of their events and thank them…but let's be clear here on who you appreciate…I appreciate the fighters and the organization, not Dana. And yes, Strikeforce has put on some stupid fights as well, but at least they have been for free-key point….for free. We are not vested in it, where half way into the show, we are wishing we had not ordered it. You can change the channel- no money lost. If Dana wants us as consumers to continue to purchse the events, then he needs to start putting out a better product. As far as a legends fight, I respect them for all that they did for the sport but just because someone is a legend, that does not mean that you want to see that person past their prime, just ask the Packers why they finalle let Favre go a few years ago. I am wrong for being an educated consumer and wanting the most for my money?

Miko, you did get me on "unirrevalent"…I was typing so fast I was starting to use one word and then changed….good catch. Other than that, you guys are missing my point.

11. BJJ Brown Belt says:

Timmie, you touched on two very true points: 1.there are a lot Dana haters out there and 2.The main reason that most people can't stand him is due to his ego.

If you are able to get by that, then you are a better man than me because that is truly the reason that I can't stand him…so yes, I am a Dana hater. that does not make me a UFC hater. I am able to separate the two. I just can't get over his ego and that fact that he thinks that he is is the show. What true leader does that? Most sports fans will know the names of the MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL,even MISL league comish or President but they don't take center stage. They promote and step in as needed but they realize that the true stars are A-Rod, Manning, Kobe, etc…not them…so the why is this bald dickface always making waves? The true stars are AA, BJ, Brock, etc…not him. So yeah, I am a Dana hater but let's be clear that my beef is with him and not the UFC and you can't blame the Dana haters for hating him. Anyone that is that outspoken, has that ego, always thinks he right…will be hated by most. Take Steinbrenner-for years he tried to be the main attraction in NY. Why? People did not want to go to Yankee Stadium to see GS, they wanted to see the players. Dana would take this thing so much further if he had some diplomacy.

12. "Maybe you need a lesson in that the sport was ready to explode and all that was holding it back was state laws. Once those were removed, there was no stopping this."

and do you think those laws were magically lifted because

politicians and law makers decided it so on a whim?

Yes the sport was in fact ready to explode.

There was a lot of PR work (and probably a few greased palms) to get those bans lifted. who do you suppose got those laws changed?

Oh wait a minute… of course, it was Scott Coker!

Maybe YOU need the lesson son. know your history.

13. agreed. brown belt talks too much about shit he knows nothing about. sounds like cobracunt. ucf 115 was awesome. the main event was better than any bullshit strikeforce has put out. and they will always be a minor league organization, at least for the 6 months they have left if there lucky. shields was there best fighter and hes gone. no one gives a shit about fedor anymore cuz everyone knows hes ducking good fighters. everyone wants to talk shit about dana but hes the main reason mma is as big as it is. im sure thats hard for people to admit.

14. I'm with Miko. His post are shorter and much more enjoyable to read. The greatest sport in the world would still be struggling without dana. Bottom line.

15. Pepitolives09 says:

When Dana and the Fertittas formed Zuffa and bought the UFC, it was a sideshow that didn't even have a nationwide ppv deal working in states without a sactioning body. It was called human cockfighting.

Now it's a legit sport being covered by ESPN.

As for your "free" comment, I don't know if you have the hook up but Showtime cost money to add it to my cable lineup. This goes back to, if you want a quality product you have to pay. Also guess you hadn't heard about the Strikeforce and M-1 Global present Fedor on ppv in the works, maybe a little research is necessary on your part, no?

And no one is ever forcing you to buy any ppvs you as the consumer have the right to say, "that is not a main event or undercard I want to pay for" that is your right.

But if you want to watch you gotta pay, these guys aren't doing this for free, the money has to come from somewhere.

16. Oswald Gobblecock says:

BJJ Brown Belt, it's well known that I don't need lessons but who are you pretending to kid? We would not be here talking about MMA if it wasn't for Dana. He's the reason the sport went in the direction it went and it wouldn't have blown up without his push for it on Spike TV and it getting sanctioned all of these places. TUF is the reason why the UFC and MMA got as big as it did and the reason why companies like Strikeforce and past companies like Elite XC and Affliction took off. None of these companies would be where they were at without Dana pushing the UFC into the main stream which is why MMA has grown so much in the last several years. Before TUF the sport was at a stale mate so it looks like I thought the lesson and you learned it. :)

With that being said I agree that Chuck vs Rich isn't really a main event match at this point of both of their careers but like Dana said, if you don't like then don't buy it. It is what it is but lets not dilute ourselves about how important Dana really is, there's not one person more important in the world of MMA. I like to think of Dana haters being like guys who talk crap about hot chick but never pull any. lol We all know "that guy". Don't be that guy!

17. BJJ Brown Belt says:

I guess there is nothing more to say since the three MMA experts, the true rulers of the octagon have spoken. Please forgive me oh great ones.

Greasing of palms is what really paved the way, not Dana, and the Ferttiitas took care of that. It is just increadibly sad how you think Dana is the savior and that nobody else could have thought of these ideas. Someone else would have taken a different road but would have arrived at the same place. It is incredibly sad how you guys think that Dana is the second coming of Christ when he just happened to be at the right the place at the right time. All he was going to be was the next Richard Simmons (maybe that is why you hommos are so into him). As for not buying the PPVs, you are correct that if I don't want to buy it, I dont't have to…but if you care about trying to make the sport better and supporting it, you will buy it versus watching the fights illegally downloaded. I pay for them all because I am hoping that my money will help them in putting on better fighters. More and more people are not paying for them and this is why we are getting some shitty main events (at least Oswald agrees that this should not have been a main event-thank you). The UFC is a businees and they are to make money, just like any other business, or they would not be in business. But the reality is that like any other product, this will at ome point become about supply and demand…for those of you that are not familiar with it, it is a basic economic principle.

So go ahead and talk all the shit you want. I am done with this site because everyone is an expert and instead of debating, everyone has to get personal. Nobody is entitled to an opinion. I am done wasting my time and will leave ratherthan suck each other's dicks. Be men, form your own thoughts. What is this pack mentality? Do all three of you do everything together? Maybe the three of you combined equal one man. Now I could see why the three of you of support Dana so much, your egos are just big- "it is well known that I don't need lessons" as I am King of CageToday"…get overyourselves. Just because we have a difference of opinion about one man, does not make you assholes more of an expert than anyone else.

Have a great life bitches and keep supoorting the sport! I'm out!

18. dumbass

19. CobraClutch says:

I don't know what Dana said that's so wrong in that video. He pretty much said everything spot-on. The refs sucked, Chuck shouldn't fight anymore, and Herbalicious is one of the best refs in the sport.

As for all of the other back-and-forth…I'll gladly sit this one out. haha. :)

20. BJJ BrownBelt – Your getting too upset, it's not that big a deal, and I appreciate the different opinions on this site, your included, so I hope you reconsider. Often time I will not comment at all, just read the posts and with the exception of the kids having the insults wars, it's all pretty good debates. That says a lot about the sport of MMA. Remember when free agency was the big thing in the NFL and Instant Replay, etc. So it goes with MMA and that makes us all that much richer for the sport we love. We disagree on most of the threads, but we are all united as fans. I have a boring desk job and checking in on Cage Today is a part of the day I appreciate and you are a part of that. Don't get discouraged, stick to your guns, make a clear point, and remember: Opinions are like Assholes, everyone's got one.

21. You can lash out and name call all you want, but don't count on anyone saying, "oh la dee dah! BJJ is right, and I'm so fucking dumb for not drinking his Anti-Dana Kool-aid!"

btw/ we aren't that stupid, I'm sure most know that Dana isn't the one with the money and is spending what the Fertita's gave to him, but it's his baby isn't it? Lorenzo and Frank probably wouldn't have gave the UFC a second glance if it wasn't for Dana's determination and enthusiasm.

The Bottom line is if it wasn't for Dana (and Lorenzo & Frank's money) there'd be fewer mma fans, watching old ufc VHS bootlegs, old pride/hero's tapes and there'd be a ton for WWE fuckheads.

(how's that for an opinion Mac?)

22. spell check:

a ton *OF* WWE Knuckleheads (no need to curse again).

23. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Sarcasm aside BJJ Brown Belt, if everybody in the room tells you you're wrong than it just means that you are in fact wrong. Nothing personal kid but maybe we do know what we're talking about. The Ferttiitas hired Dana and it's really all 3 of them… Dana didn't do it alone but he steers the ship. They provided the boat. Simple as that really.

Nobody is saying that Dana is the second coming of Christ. That's how you're taking it because people in here put you in check with all of your hatin. Give props where they're due. Enough said. Also, if I was gonna talk shit on you then you'd know it and everybody here can vouch for that. Take it easy, come back with a lil more self assurance be more secure with yourself.

24. Pepitolives09 says:

Wait wait wait… I have to comment on this cause it kinda bothered me… lets examine that last paragraph…

"So go ahead and talk all the shit you want. I am done with this site because everyone is an expert and instead of debating, everyone has to get personal."

Dude we are debating… I never attacked you personally… never called you a name or anything… but you're the one getting all butt hurt and calling others "hommos" and saying we must like Dana cause it's gay cause we appreciate what Dana has done for this sport…

"Nobody is entitled to an opinion."

Again the only person in this comment section making a big deal about other opinions is you.

"I am done wasting my time and will leave ratherthan suck each other’s dicks."

There you go insulting again… did I say something insulting you?

"Be men, form your own thoughts."

Insulting our manhoods because we share similar opinion?

"What is this pack mentality? Do all three of you do everything together?"

So because we just happen to share some similar ideas we are a pack attacking you? I thought this was a sharing of opinions and we were debating, I didn't realize it was crucify bjj brown belt time…

"Maybe the three of you combined equal one man."

Again another insult

"Now I could see why the three of you of support Dana so much, your egos are just big- “it is well known that I don’t need lessons” as I am King of CageToday”…get overyourselves."

When did I say anything like that? You just lump my ego in with someone else?

"Just because we have a difference of opinion about one man, does not make you assholes more of an expert than anyone else."

Yet another name called…

Seriously dude get your Gi panties out of a bunch and grow up… I not once attacked you personally or anything but you get all huffy and cry about being attacked while you attack… are you this passive aggressive when you roll?

25. BJJ Brown Belt says:

Hey everyone, I apologize for being overly sensitive and for the name calling. I had a shitty weekend and I was out of it.

Mac- thanks for being the calming force. Appreciate it.

Pepito-I included you because I felt attacked. As I looked back at your comments, you are 100% correct in that you did not name call. I take back everything I said about you. You actually made some good points. I did not think I was passive aggressive though, I was obvioulsy aggressive :)

Oswald – You were name calling, calling me stupid. Also, regardless of what everyone on Sunday thought, an opinion is neither right or wrong. If you tell us that you like baseball and hate football…can someone really tell you that you are wrong? How can I be "wrong" for hating Dana? That is my personal opinion. Nobody put me in check…you may think you put me in check but going back to opinions, that is your opinion. Oh, you mean that acting like Dana would have makes me a jerk? Because really that is what I did, make fun of others for disagreeing with me.

Miko- you are the one that started getting person with the correction. This site does not have spell check and in trying to type so fast, everyone has spelling and gramar mistakes…who cares, this isn't English 101. Also, I don't need you drinking my Dana hating juice, I am just telling you what I think. I can't stand him. If you like him, great but people with huge egos like that make me sick. You may call it enthusiasm but to me, it is more like a chip on his shoulder and always having to be right. When you are part of the UFC, he loves you…but when you leave, he dogs you. He brings the Dana hating on himself.

I again apologize for the name calling. However, I don't change my stance on Dana and that doesn't make me less of a fan or less knowledgeable.

26. everybody shut the fuck up and hug my nuts!

27. CobraClutch says:

This site's posters are VERY quick to get personal. Believe me, I know. Haha. But when someone admits they acted harshly, then they should be vindicated and everyone just move along.

Although I had issues with Miko rushing to get personal and attacking in the past, I don't think goofing on a spelling error can be considered a personal attack. I don't think he meant it as a personal attack. Just a "what the hell did you mean to type?" comment. What's fair is fair, and BJJ you probably took everything a little more personal than it needed to be. I'm not saying I never have, cause you all saw the love letters I have been involved in. Hahaha. Right or wrong, we all have our days, and nobody's perfect.

I do agree 110% with Pepit on his points that we should debate, and stay out of the personal attacks, and if you throw rocks then you can't complain when others throw rocks. But, if we all try to take out the "fuck you's" and "idiots" and "douchebags" from our debates, then we can all hopefully stay on-topic and remain as non-personal as possible.

Anyways, I guess I'm just coming in to ask, "Can we all just…get along?" And maybe move on knowing that some appreciate Dana for what he did, while others don't think his contribution made a bit of difference in the sport. Personally, I might not agree with all of his hype and b.s., but I think respect is due to him and the Fertitta Bros for building up and promoting (excellently) the sport we all obviously love.

Peace.

28. CobraClutch says:

Oops. "vindicated" is definitely the wrong word. I meant to say they should have their apology accepted without further attacks and we all move along. Sorry abouts my bad Englishness and stuffs.

29. Yeah you figured me out.

I got personal because I didn't know what the hell you were saying and asked you what you said.

Then when you used the SAME made up word again and I figured out what you meant I was CLEARLY attacking you when I used the actual word you meant to say…. yeah I'm a real fucking dickhead. WOOOOOOW

30. Miko,

Shut your mouth boy! Finish your chores before your momma whoops your ass! Come back when you grow some hair on your chest…until, then let the grown-ups write and you sit back and learn!

31. Relax Miko…it is done. By you coming back and trying to start this all up again shows imaturity. Nobody is trying to figure you out.

Rampage, you are rough, dog!

32. You blow your peace out your ass cobra! Just kidding. I followed your lead earlier and didn't want ANYTHING to do with this thread.

33. Ural Subby says:

Posters 30, 31, and 32 are obviously all the same person, try a little harder.

34. Ural, stop trying to figure out who is who and just post. Who are you trying to be, MacGyver? I have no clue if someone forged 30 or 32 but31 is all me. Are you turning all Arizona on me and are mad about a MexiCAN doodling a little on this site? I am Naturalized and I aint going nowhere Vato…and get a real fake name while you are it. Your name sounds half Jihad and half cartonish.

35. I am definately not those othr guys also. I'm from Illinois.

36. Ural Subby says:

right

37. CobraClutch says:

Ural is more like MacGruber. Sorry, I'm just kidding, but it was open, so I took it. hahaha. :)

MexiCAN…they're trying to say you're a MexiCAN'T!!! But don't worry, L.A. has your back, brother! Mamola Culo, Gringos!!! J/k….I'm a gringo. lol.

Ryan, I don't think you posted those, and believe you post only under your name, but what does being from Illinois have to do with anything? lol.

38. Oswald Gobblecock says:

BJJ Brown Belt, you weren't put in check for hating Dana. You were put in check for not giving him props for how important he really is to the sport and that in itself is stupid for somebody to disagree with. It's not the same as liking one sport better than the other so let's not get confused cause I did put you in check there an am doing so once again. I'm not bragging about it to be a dick cause let's face it, I've clowned everybody I ever wanted to on this site for saying stupid things so I think you should be happy that I took the high road with you. I'm glad you apologized to everybody but don't get me started. lol As for the shitty weekend, suck it up Nancy. Periods only come once a month. Now I'm just bustin your balls. Cheer up though kid.

39. Cobra, I did post it, but as a joke. I thought it would fit perfectly, given the climate of the attitude in here. I was saying I was from Illinois because MexiCAN said he was from Arizona (I think) and I was trying to show Ural that I am my own person, but hey, whatever.

40. I don't like Dana either, but I can't deny that he has done a lot for the sport. It was him and the UFC that got MMA on cable TV. It was TUF that pulled in A LOT of future fans.

41. Listen everyone, I am the new Sheriff in town, putos. Just so everyone knows, Dana is my puppet and I am running the show. If you fuck with Dana, you fuck with me and you don't want that. BJJ Brown Belt, Stop writing these long ass novels or start putting up chapter numbers. Put your pajamas back on and get your ass in class so you can get your Black Belt and then come back and post. A brown belt aint shit. I'll tap you out so fast, you"ll go back to a blue belt. Ryan, I aint from Arizona fool. Those culos are racist. Fuck Arizona! Oh, and your post was not funny. Watch some George Lopez on You Tube and come back with some jokes. Dude, One word postings? Next time be creative and add a second word. By next week, you should be able to build up to a whole sentence. Cobra, gracias for getting my back. Just don't get my back to close, I shanked a guy in the penn for trying to get to close. We could always use a gringo friend. You can be my alibi. Oswald, you aint checking anyone. Who died and made you chief pig? Put the mouse down, back away from the computer and go finish your fruit loops. The only person that you clowned is your fat girlfriend when you pulled your pants down. Miko, figure yourself out first, then we can figure you out. Pepiito, you are one of my boys. No brown on brown crime here.

42. What a loser, tell your Mom to clean my bathroom or my family will fire her uneducated dumb, fat ass!

43. MexiCAN says:

Ryan, didnt your hillbilly ass learn anything from yesterday? Don't be so sensitive. I aint mad at ya for your posting, you Arian Brotherhood wannabee, I just see your true colors coming out. I was just having a little fun but you have to go and get stupid. We may have to do drive by of your farm and shoot all your cows, inlcuding you momma. Just kidding. We don't need you rallying up Illinois to become like Arizona. I just found this website and had to start posting because you guys crack me up. This is more fun than i thought it was going to be.

44. PoppyNick says:

WTF…….Big Poppy leaves for a few days and all hell breaks loose. I would just like to add there is no reason to take anything on this site personal. It's okay to disagree and argue over opinion (me and CC do it all the time but I respect his opinion) but once you start talking tough or calling people names behind a keyboard it only makes you look more like a pussy.

45. MexiCAN says:

Poppy, no more leaving town. You and Mac are the only sane mofos on this site. Everyone else is just out of control. Mac, I do take issue with you yesterday though in that the back and forth was entertaining and then you had to mess it all up by being responsible. The next time, let these idiots go back and forth and try to prove to us why they are they holy grail of MMA.

46. Yeah, that was NOT me that typed that. Some extremely clever person used my name to make an extremely idiotic comment.

47. But I must add that our maid is Mexican and I do maker her give me rim jobs on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays after she finishes mopping the floor. MexiCAN, you know what that's like.

48. Hmm, not me again. Think I may have to change my name so this racist asshole can use it.

49. CobraClutch says:

This is stupid. Really. Cage needs to have required and locked user names. This is bullshit. Whether you're just messin with us or someone is messin with you. Either way, we need to have registered user names. That might also cut down on the keyboard warrior factor, too, if there was some mandatory tie to their e-mails/real lives.

50. CobraClutch says:

But I just remembered. High School is out now, so the kiddies are bored (and obviously not getting out of the house).