Dana White: Chael Sonnen vs Anderson Silva

ESPN’s Jim Rome is Burning: Dana White unloads on Anderson Silva, confirms his next opponent will be Chael Sonnen.

Comments

1. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Should be Anderson vs Vitor because that's the fight that was supposed to happen and it would be a more exciting fight for the fans! I don't know what Dana's dumbass is thinking with another joke match up. He gave Silva a challenge after his last 5 round fight and look what happened. Dana even said during TUF that "if Anderson gets past Maia then all he has is Vitor and then he's cleaned out the MW division. Maybe Chael vs Vitor should happen to find out who the true #1 guy to fight Silva is and have Silva do another fight at 205 until then. After that he could only fight at 205 or retire. Either way fans never wanted to see wasted fights on him. Give him a challenge. 205 is the best division and when Dana talked about him vs whoever the 205 champ is gonna be would be amazing and I agreed with him when he said GSP was too small for him. GSP has yet to fight a MW let alone Anderson. I agree Anderson was wrong for what he did but I feel Dana is as well. Give him a challenge!

2. CobraClutch says:

Sonnen's been talking shit about Silva for a long minute now. We should see this and see Vitor. Let's just see both. And if Shogun beats Machida, let's see Shogun vs. Silva, as well. Hell, let's just get Fefor over here and settle the argument of P4P fighter once and for all!

3. its a perfect ending for white if sonnen wins. all the fans are down on silva now and likely rooting or him to lose. if he loses sonnen would get a decent fan base from it to keep 185 interesting and then silva could go on his bj penn quest of fighting in ever weight division

4. I never thougth UFC could be rigged until i saw UFC 112. That fight was a complite joke. UFC is forcing oppents to not fight silva so they can keep building him up against fedor's status. Anderson Silva is not that fucking good ok. Why the hell wasn't Mia at least throwing punchs, and those take towns….. what the hell was that right???? nobody here can tell me that fight wasnt a little fishy. everything about that fight was just odd from the anouncers to the referee.

LOL, I wouldn't be suprised if this message gets deleted!!!

5. you know what the worst everbody talks abou silva

an nobody about the kid that deafeted the best lightweight ever

6. Nichole Lesniak says:

YC – crappy fight? Without a doubt. Rigged? Hardly. That fight made even DANA look bad. Why would he want that?

7. Oswald Gobblecock says:

It is the dumbest thing in the world to me when people claim the UFC rigs their fights. There's no way they would ever be that stupid. Do you know how far the sport has come and it would all be set back if they rigged a fight and people found out. There are still many politicians looking for an excuse to shut MMA down. Seriously a stupid thing to say or think.

8. Why do think anderson acted like that, its because he knows whats going on and he's pissed. I wouldnt be surpised if in a couple years UFC gets caught rigging their fights.

"breaking news… UFC just went under for rigging fights and controlling Las vegas MMA betting" haha

9. OMG you guys are so naive, does anyone actually know how much money there is when it comes to fights…. MILLIONS!!! dana white dont give a shit about MMA or its fighters. I bet you MMA is the most rigged sport out there right now.

10. every thing in live is rigged why is everybody alway's like omg this shit is rigged wen they found out.

Dont know if the fight was rigged but hmhm silva must really b good to dance in the cage whit a TOP CONTENDER hahaha

11. CobraClutch says:

lol YC is very funny. i laugh that you claim the UFC rigs their fights to make money on them…but the favorite still won! hahahaha. that could be the most comical thing i've ever read on these boards. hahaha. and you guys ask ME to leave the site? hahahaha. wow.

jayh…great point. but just goes to show you how pissed off people are about silva that they're not talking about one of the biggest upsets in the UFC. if YC would claim that any of the fights were fixed to win millions, that would be a better example to try to state his conspiracy theory from…not the Silva one where he annihilated Maia (I'm assuming YC meant Maia when he wrote "Mia").

And I'll say it again and again…Silva's been show-boating and dancing around since he first entered the sport. If you don't know that, then you're a noob and never watched Silva fight (or only watched a small selection of his fights).

Hilarious…I didn't know they had internet access in the conspiracy theory underground meetings. hahaha.

12. Nichole Lesniak says:

I suddenly feel dumber just by reading some of this…

(obviously not what you wrote, Cobra!)

13. ok first of all im not saying the silva mia fight was rigged for money it was rigged for another status pump for silva. Dana is trying to make silva into fedors status as a unbeatable fighter. Now you can at least admit it looks a little fishy, special when silva is coming off a wierd straight jab that knock out forrest…. forrest?? the same guy who allways goes the distance but some how one jab knocks him out…. OK!!!!!

14. I don't think anything was rigged BUT i will say this again. Some of this is Dana's fault.

THe moment vitor had to pull out and they signed Damian to fight anderson I knew this would happen. This was a shit fight just waiting to happen. Letting Hendo go was a huge mistake. If they would have just resigned Hendo then none of this would be an issue because win or lose Hendo would have tried to knock andersons head off is neck.

Having said that– I can't wait for strike force this weekend. It'll be a great card.

15. CobraClutch says:

YC, you're just silly at this point. Just stop already. Please. You're just embarrassing yourself now. hahaha.

16. LOL!!!! ya i know, well what ever all these fights that Silva is getting are crap fights waiting to happen. i dont really think it was rigged but i do think that dumb ass skin head dana needs to strip the damn middle weight title and put him in either LHW or HW. make hime fihgt GSP or maybe leasnar iono do something than putting him against these middle weights.

17. CobraClutch says:

GSP is welterweight

18. lol yes i know that….. im just talking about other oppents he can fight. You guys think GSP would be fast enough to actually take silva down? Well at least do better than Mia did, hahaha!!!

19. I do think that gsp would be fast enough. If they signed this fight I think gsp would rise to the occasion. Just my opinion but I think he's the most determined fighter in mma.

20. Ya i think he could take him down to, but he would get destroyed in the stand up. I think if Shogun wins silva should fight him and if he doesnt he can go fight GSP, both would be exciting fights. But i guess Sonne is next and then Belfort would be after that I guess….