Dana White, BJ Penn Would Beat Kimbo Slice?

Yet another classic UFC “President” Dana White interview.

White comments on CBS and Kimbo Slice:

“The amount of talent and fights we put on are second to none….Think about it, the CBS fight that they are coming up with, who gives a crap about Kimbo Slice? This guy can’t fight MMA….You know what would happen if he fought in the UFC? I’d put him in against (lightweight champion) BJ Penn and (Slice) would get annihilated.”

“The guy he is fighting, James Thompson, might get knocked out before he gets into the cage. Kimbo has no credibility at all in MMA. … I am telling you, BJ Penn would beat him.”

White comments on the EliteXC-CBS deal:

“These shows that are smaller are paying to be on network TV. I know how the business goes….What will end up happening is that people will be interested at first when the show premieres and then (the fans) will go away. They can’t pull in network ratings.

Dana White referencing his WWE handbook:

“The WWE, we know how successful that’s been for decades, couldn’t pull in good enough numbers on network TV. You think Strikeforce, EliteXC and all those companies can do it? No way.”

White on the possibility of cross promoting with other organizations:

“Why would I cross promote with other companies? They have nothing…..They have no fighters, no credibility. I would never cross promote. What for? We have the best fighters.”

Comments

1. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Dana does say alot of boneheaded things but he makes alot of good points here.

2. But if Dana had a chance to make a buck off of Kimbo he would do it in a heartbeat.

3. Realwun says:

I'm sick of reading the latest trash Dana is talking. If Elite isn't a threat they he wouldn't be coming out every day with a new bash to Kimbo and Elite. Thomas, you're exactly right with that comment.

4. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Dana's gonna trash any1 who isn't in the UFC. True Thomas that he would give Kimbo a chance just cause money would be involved but Kimbo wouldn't last in the UFC so he'd be out within 2 or 3 fights.

5. i'm neutral about dana white, but in term of MMA, dana did put it on the map. he put UFC on the map and as a result, people started catching on in the US. you have to give him credit where it's due. dana was smart about going through a small known cable channel, known as spike tv with his ultimate fighter show. i personally watched spike tv for their steven segal movies and van damne C movies before ultimate fighter came around, but i admit that dana did a smart thing with it. now spike tv is known around the country. however, i disagree with dana saying that the UFC has the best fighters — maybe in the welterweight, middleweight, and light heavy divisions, but definitively not the heavyweight division. we need fedor, barnett, andre arlovski, and cro cop all back to make the HW division something. right now, look at ufc's heavyweights — nog, mir, and vera? vera recently got outboxed by sylvia, and once tuf 8 finishes, only one of nog-mir will be victorious… leaving really no challenges. and please dont bring up fighters like chieck kongo or werdum; both have lost recently.

6. Dana White hes own worst enemy sometimes.

I give White credit TUF and spikeTV really did get me into MMA. But he does go over the line sometimes in the past and it bites him in the ass later on when he can't buy the fighter back cause you have offend him that much.

If he didn't rag on Fedor and talk so much shit about him maybe the HW division would still be decent and we would have Fedor in the UFC. First Randy and Silvia and then Arlovski get the boot. Some of there best known names.

What brand will you have when you build these fighters up and let them leave to help promote the new shows out there great move dumbass.

7. Lesnar would walk right over Kimbo like he was a bum on the street. wait he is.

8. KOPower says:

Shut up man. Stop bashing other companies and worry about your own. You hand feed some of your fighters too.

9. Scooby Doo says:

5 6 and 8 u guys hit, the nail on the head.Watch the tito interview what he say's about d. white makes u wonder he might not be talking out his behind. Talk about fighting a nobody c.kongo will be fighting Eveson Who????

or some one getting knocked out before they get to the ring.

10. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Well Derek, UFC has MOST of the best fighters. Everybody knows they're by far the top of the food chain but Dana losing alot of those fighters is gonna end up biting him in the ass if they all meet up in 1 organization to compete against him.

UFC is still top dogg and will be for a while but Dana needs to stop droppin top guys cause obviously if that happens they'll be screwed.

11. Businessman says:

The UFC is the top dog but Dana is going to ruin it. He should learn from the saying, "All good things come to an end."…the end will come sooner than later for the UFC unless Dana learns to be more professional. It almost seems like he is trying to build himself up more than he builds up the UFC. He is not the reason we watch the UFC. The fighters are the reason we watch. If he continues to lose his best fighters, he is going to start lossing fans, at least the true MMA fans. Sure he will have bonehead fans to support him but they don't care about the MMA. All they care about is getting drunk and watching two guys kick the shit out of each other. While I agree with Dana that Kimbo is no MMA star, as Realwun states, if they weren't a threat, why is he trashing them everyday? He is trashing them everyday for the same 2 reasons that the Yankees and Red Sox trash each other: Competiton and Threat! Dana, you need to go to school and study business. As an HR Manager, even though you are succesful, I would fire your ass if we worked together. You don't know how to treat your employees. I am not even talking about the money…I don't care about that…but as the head of UFC, you need to act right and not like you are about to climb in the octagon. If you are ready to climb in there in fight, then talk shit!!! Otherwise, SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

12. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Yep, I'd hate to see Dana run the UFC into the ground after he made it as successful as he did. Fighters are what make the UFC.

13. boricua says:

What the hell is up with Dana? Is it really necessary to talk all that shit about fighters from other companies. Does he really have the desire to be so much in the spotlight that he has to just talk all that shit to get attention. I'm really tired of him, just run your f__ing buisness and shut the fuk up.

14. dana is a wimp says:

well guys, Dana is an idiot thats what he said about Pride. He was so scared of Pride they he bought them out.

If you see now look who is all the champions Pride fighters , Hello bone head.. that means UFC champions got f up by pride so If I were Dana I wouldnt talk.. wat a joke he is…

That basically means UCF sukced becasue all champions are now pride fighters

15. Businessman says:

I agree with "Dana is a wimp"…while there were a few Pride fighters that did not do well in the UFC, most notably Cro Cop and Rua, the others have helped the UFC grow. Nogueira, Werdum, Heath, Rampage, Henderson, Wand, and Anderson Silva are some of the biggest names in the UFC. They all came from Pride. Can you imagine what it would be like to see the former Pride fighters, join the UFC fighters and then add other top fighters…that would be awesome!!! But that could never happen because Dana is a dick.

16. The only flaw in the arguments of 14 and 15 is that of the currrent champs, only Nog was actually in Pride when it was bought out. The rest had fought in Pride but fought elsewhere prior to the buyout. Move Hollywood and Wandy over to the list of "didn't do so well". Werdum fought THE MOST BORING FIGHT I have ever seen against Arlovsky. Oh yeah, the Prodigy and Rush were never in it. So "all" champions have not even fought Pride.

17. Dana is underestimating his opponent. the biggest mistake anyone can make in anything competitive. I am getting sick of dana running his mouth. I understand as a figurehead of an organization you have to speak publicly but you don't have to do it like so asshole highschool kid that trying to prove his dad can beat up your dad. Dana is a great leader in the industry HOWEVER, he has no tact or professionalism. And after all this shit with tito has anyone ever thought it was just for publicity maybe. Dana is just as much to blame as Tito. As for the heavyweight division. Couture, Andre, and Sylvia are all gone. So basically every champ for the last five years. Nog, Mir, Lesnar, Herring after that I can't really say I want to see any of those other guys fight. Vera MAYBE. Fedor, couture, cro cop, andre, monson are all names that SHOULD be in the UFC but they aren't and I imagine they could be if dana could check his ego.

18. It's an interview right? that means there were questions asked. Or did the interviewer just give Dana a tape recorder and told him to speak into it for fifteen minutes. I'm sure they asked his opinion on Elite and Kimbo. He gave his opinion on them and from the fights i saw they are pretty spot on. Kimbo looked like crap and the whole Elite smelled of WWE. Dana doesn't hold back when he's asked something. I think that's better than some pc answer that some sheep would give.

19. Dana White, I belive you should strongly suggest that J.T. Jesse Talory should go to an Alcohol Treatment center! I thik I seen every time J.T. had any alcohol at all he acted like an ass! A CoCo the Monkey! I don't see how you can put that on the air! The way they trashed the house! It just gives the younger genertion the wrong Ideas!! What a role model!!! Yes I have been a ass in my days! But the hole problem was the Alcohol !!! Ihad help to show me that I was an ass! I got help and now there isn't to manny times I become one now!

This was the onlt place I could find to try to reach Dana White! I hope it reaches him some how!!!! Mike

20. Dana wants that though. He give them a full stock of alcohol and tells them thye can trash the house. What a hypocrite for kicking him off. I hate Dana.