Dana White and John Hackleman Face Off Over Chuck Liddell

hackleman

In a recent article on Sherdog, Chuck Liddell’s handlers UFC President Dana White and Trainer John Hackleman face off over the future of Chuck Liddell fighting career.

Liddell has lost four of his last five fight inside the cage. He still has one more fight left on his UFC contract, but Dana White has stated that he has no intention to ever letting Chuck fight again.

Owner of “The Pit” John Hackleman:

“Nothing has been decided yet … We made a deal. We’re gonna go, probably this summer, to Hawaii and we’re gonna sit on the beach and see if we can decide then. If not, there’s no rush. He’s not under a time crunch. He’ll decide when he wants to decide. And nobody else is gonna tell him.”

“Chuck just loves to fight …. And if there could be another fight —- if he wants one —- and he’s under contract (to the UFC), then we’ll see what happens. If he has to go somewhere else to fight, we’ll see what happens there. If we go sit on the beach and Chuck says, ‘F–k it, I’m tired of this s–t, let’s retire,’ then he’ll just come teach here [The PIT]”

“if he really wants to still fight, and I think it’s in his heart, I don’t think anyone, including Dana, should take his livelihood and his love away.”

Dana White fires back and as usual makes things personal:

“Obviously, John Hackleman didn’t pay his house off yet. John Hackleman needs some money, because anybody who claims they care about Chuck Liddell even a little bit would not be making these f–king statements,”

“How many great, talented guys do you see coming out of John Hackleman’s place? … He’s no Greg Jackson. He’s no Mark DellaGrotte. He’s no American Top Team. He’s not one of the great camps. Chuck Liddell made him.”

The real question here is WTF is Dana White doing talking with SHERDOG?

Comments

1. PoppyNick says:

Dana White has no respect for anyone. I wish he would get in the cage with Hack so Hack can knock his fucking head off. Does Dana seem to forget Chuck made his ass too. I hope Chuck stands up to Dana and tells Dana to go fuck himself.

2. Nick, even if he doesn't tell Dana to Go Eff himself, then what?

He's under contract with the UFC. He cant try and leave or it will be randy couture Part two.

If chuck was smart he'd let his contract run out and then go to another company like DREAM or Strikeforce.

I personally however, don't think this is true. It all feels like a pro wrestling gimmick.

3. PoppyNick says:

I agree it would be Couture part two but I can't stand Dana and his mouth. He is tasteless in his comments are very unprofessional. He reminds of of P. Diddy…..the fucking promotor who can't just can't get enough of himself.

4. maybe chuck should retire but that is up to him, if dana was a friend like he says he would keep this behind closed doors and not insult chuck and his friends like this, i think john is more chucks friend than dana and at the end its up to chuck and no one else.also if dana let chuck fight again he would be free and dana never lets anyone fight with one fight left on there contract maybe that has more to do with it than dana looking out for him.if dana lets chuck fight in the ufc again i bet you will see a new contract signed first.

5. I saw this earlier on another site and i have to say i kinda agree with Dana. Obviously i dont agree with the manner in which he says it.

Hackleman knows that once Chuck is no longer active, he will not earn much money anymore and his name will basically fade away. I mean what other major fighter in MMA fights out of The Pit? Chuck Liddell gave Hackleman the spotlight, and now he is afraid he will lose it.

We all know he is not the greatest coach in the world, thats why they brought in guys from ATT for The training camp for the Shogun fight.

6. maybe luke, but that might just be dana's spin on it try to blame john. i don't see anywhere where hackleman is begging chuck to keep fighting just letting chuck make his own decision, plus he seems to be doing fine he owns a few gyms and other things i hear so is it really about money or is that what dana is trying to sell?

7. dane drebin says:

dana white's the same guy who says fedor is overrated, out of shape and a bum so i take everyuthing he says with a grain of salt. What dana says and what he's really going to do or how he's really gunna act is always different.

8. Nate Fury says:

I say let Dana and Hackleman go at it and the winner determines Chuck's future!

9. both make great points but dana is right who does the pit have other then chuck? chuck should try a new gym

10. Dana White says:

I WILL KICK HACKLEMAN'S ASS! ROUND 1 KO

11. Porsche930_Pilot says:

LOL I'm not so sure about that.

12. Oswald Gobblecock says:

lol D White

13. Dana White understands the fight game. He is protecting Chuck, even if Chuck and his camp don't get it. Dana would probably pay Chuck off to never fight again. His brain is mush, you can tell by listening to his speech patterns. White doesn't want to come out and say, 'Chuck Lidell is already a moron, and another fight will make him retarded.'

14. Chuck Liddell has nothing to prove to anyone. Dana White is concerned about his friends health. Hackleman is just pushing for Chuck to do what he wants because Dana jumped the gun and told the world 'Chuck Liddell is retired.'

Chuck has been matched up against the most devastating opponents in the last 2 years. It's not that he is getting old, he's just being outclassed a bit by seconds.

Personally Chuck Liddell is my favorite fighter in the world, I wouldn't be watching the UFC if Chuck Liddell hadn't been around with the viscious overhand right that decimated so many people.

Chuck Liddell was the prototype of the Light Heavyweight division and eventually people figured him out. He NEEDS to change his ways and if he has one fight left, I think Dana is obligated to give it to him.

We'll see though I suppose.

15. Its Chucks decision. I dont care what Dana or John H. say. I can see where Dana is coming from. And like Dana said. Hackleman has nobody else to train thats any good besides Chuck. Chuck has made him a known trainer. Without Chuck he is nothing and I think thats why he wants chuck to keep fighting. But again Chucks decision.

16. dane drebin says:

i dont understand why all of the sudden dana is so scared for chucks safety… when randy got knocked out twice he didnt say anything. Coleman looked like he was about to go into cardiac arrest and dana is still letting him fight. Wand has won like 1 fight out of his last 5 and a lot of those ended in devastating knockout where he was out for awhile. i think theres more to this than the public knows. i tghink chuck has 1 fight left on his contract and dana doesnt want him to go anywhere if he lets him fight his last fight. i dunno something about all of this sounds fishy to me.

17. i think chuck will fight one more time in ufc but against who? i don't know?

18. Good question Derek. The perfect opponent for chuck would be Thiago Silva. I see him having no trouble beating the crap out of him.

19. dane drebin says:

chuck vs forrest could be interesting because i think forest is the better fighter but doesnt have the power to knock chuck out in 1 punch and all of chucks recent losses have been by 1 punch knockouts. i still think chuck can compete in mma he just needs to take a freaking rest and fight some fighters that arent elite knockout artists.

20. Dana doesn't respect any of his fighters. He treats them like fighting dogs. Needs to fix fighter's payrolls. He needs to be a respectable face for the UFC.

21. paul spry says:

chuck liddell is one of the greatest fighters to ever step into the cage I think chuck should clear his head and when you get knocked down you can always get back up I think chuck liddell should drop down to 185lbs and fight anderson silva because lets face it when chuck fights it is good for ufc ticket sales and pay per view sales plus I think chuck would be faster and still have the knockout power so if chuck has more speed and power at 185lbs then let him put on a show for the fans. chuck do what ever makes you happy and no matter what you decide I will always respect you and your carer to put it short you don't owe me anything you have done more than enough for the sport and your fans thank you for everything you have done.

22. dane drebin says:

whats with all these people who think chuck could make 185? chuck is one of the biggest 205'rs out there and when not in training walks around at about 235 to 240. cutting an additional 20 pounds would make him so gaunt and skinny it wouldnt even be funny. Thats not wat a man his age should do for his solution. Changing weight isnt always the answer. I think keeping his hands up would be a better solution.