Chael Sonnen Tests Positive For Roids

Chael Sonnen has some explaining to do,

“California State Athletic Commission Executive Officer George Dodd, Chael Sonnen has been notified that he failed post-fight drug screening” [Sherdog]

Sonnen tested positive for an unknown Performance Enhancing Drug (PED) following his UFC 117 loss to UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Commissioner Dodd didn’t say what substance Sonnen tasted positive for, but said it IS a PED.

More as this story develops…

UPDATE
The LA Times is reporting that Sonnen’s pre-fight urine sample was processed through the UCLA Olympic drug-testing lab and returned a positive result for steroids, if Sonnen doesn’t appeal the results he is looking at a one year suspension and a $2,500 fine.

Comments

1. These roiders need to stop taking fights in California, it is not Nevada.

CSAC Hit list

Sonnen

Sherk

Barnett

Gracie

Shamrock

Antonio Silva ….

2. Interesting…. do u guys think that he still r going to get the rematch? winner of Belford-Okami get a title shot?

3. WOW, not really so impressed with his preformance now. A shame, if he tested positive they can't possibly give him a rematch

4. If it's unknown then how can you say it's steroids?

5. Gracie?? He hasnt gained a pound of muscle since 1993 (ufc1) is still 170 doesnt look like a roider to me

6. Jay "CSAC released further test results revealing that Royce Gracie has tested positive for the anabolic steroid Nandrolone Metabolite … Gracie has been suspended for approximately 12 months from the date of the fight (through May 30, 2008). He has also been fined $2,500"

2008 son where you been?

@noksucow the CSAC didn't name the drug, but confirmed it was a "Performance Enhancing Drug"

7. Flying Armbar says:

Sonnen- who is the sham now? Talking all that smack only to lose and now this? You are a f'en embarassment!

8. Wow, they cant give him the rematch now. Belfort/Okami winner…step on down.

Totally changes my opinion of him. And of the fight. I was happy to see Silva get a lesson in humility, but not when taught by a cheater.

9. CobraClutch says:

There goes his political career, for some reason voters don't like Politicians that dabble in illegal narcotics.

Go figure…

10. CobraClutch says:

What a cocksucker! Silva had busted ribs and still won!! Please go away Sonnen you loud mouth bastard you suck for this shit!

11. Ross McKenzie says:

California State Athletic Commission sucks Dennis Hallman failed for two steroid types he amited to one but said the other was a false positive Sean Sherk failed for the same thing why would Dennis Hallman be lying if he already own up to it. UFC shoulf to testing random not just before and after fight but during traning and recovery because it a fact that many more are doing this so we must debate if it should be allowed for getting over injuies and surgey or not at all.

12. What a fucking puke. All that talking and claiming to be the best….nothing but a fucking cheater.

13. sorry charlie says:

Pathetic

Chael Sonnen and Shane Carwin are cheating douche bags. Cheaters should never be allowed to fight again and be fined for everything, period. I think it is time bar owners ban these events until olympic style blood testing is done for all known drugs. Anyone caught is banned for life. I know some argue people can get hurt if people cheat with steroids, and it is true. I don't care. I care when I pay good money to see a loser. I want to see the best killers on the planet tear each others heads off, and not get gassed round one. This goes for other organizations like strikeforce, aka bobby lashley steroid user. You better change too. I am paying to see really good fighters take each other apart. This is not a one sucker punch and I win thing which is what steroids promotes. You need to fight like a warrior you cheating pansies. I am not going to pay to see any more fights from an organization that has to have 90% plus steroid users. I already don't care to watch baseball, football or hockey for just those reasons. Basketball is just boring, like baseball, so I don't really watch them anyways. Point being steroids will cost me and many others from funding your crap. Change or go bankrupt.

Clowns

14. fire sonnen says:

STEROIDS-BOYCOTT-STEROIDS-BOYCOTT-STEROIDS-BOYCOTT

Done with MMA, Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, Underwater Basket weaving, ha,ha,ha etc.

I am tired of all the cheaters and steroids. If a sport cannot do olympic style blood and urine testing for hgh, steroids, etc, then they are not going to get my money. Look at baseball. Even though the sport is boring and has many problems, steroids killed baseball's revenue. I see the empty stands and see how cameras try to manipulate seating shots to make it appear there is a full stadium. A real man stands on his own two feet for what he is and struggles to change his weaknesses into strengths, not cheat with steroids. All those mma cheaters are just a bunch of losers, and regardless of the media hype or money thrown they will always look like that in everyone's eyes, period. Why don't I give everyone a bat who didn't take steroids to even the playing field. Americans know their "pro" sports are tainted, and we don't need to wait for congress to fix you. Everyone speaks of mma like it is a circus rather than a sport because of all the controversy. You are going the same route as fake wrestling or strongman competitions that make no money because of steroid losers. It is cause and effect. Less fans, less attendance at other venues like bars, means less money for all businesses around. Regulate steroids before it destroys your source of income. I know I am not going to any events until you fix this crap.

List of Steroid Cheaters, some are still with their organizations after a slap on the wrist.ex Chris Leben

JOSH BARNETT (now with strikeforce), TIM SYLVIA, KIMO LEOPOLDO, NATE MARQUARDT, VITOR BELFORT, STEPHAN BONNAR, PAWEL NASTULA, KIT COPE, JOHNNIE MORTON, ROYCE GRACIE, JORGE ORTIZ, PHIL BARONI, SEAN SHERK (still with UFC), HERMES FRANCA, ANTHONY TORRES, BILL MAHOOD, ADAM SMITH, JASON WINTHERS, RUBEN VILLAREAL, DENNIS HALLMAN, ALEXANDER CRISPIM, CARINA DAMM, ALEXANDRE NOGUEIRA, ANTONIO SILVA, EDWIN DEWEES, CHRIS LEBEN (still with UFC), KIRILL SIDELNIKOV, KEN SHAMROCK, JOSH BARNETT, COLE PROVINCE, CHAEL SONNEN (still with UFC), SHANE CARWIN (not caught but federal link to purchase of steroids).

Really, you cheat you get another chance, bullshit!!!

For everyone who supports steroid use, I don't know what to say. You are either born a man or not, and compensating by drugs pretty much answers those questions. Everyone can see when most anyone really abuses steroids, and notes records broken, and people dying of cancer early. I hope those that support it take it and die from the stuff so the rest of us can enjoy this rock with a few less losers on it.

Piss tests are not good enough because any cheater can use a catheter and fill his bladder with whatever at any time. The testing is also not that costly, for blood and urine, so that argument don't fly with me either. Also sports need to publicly state who was on what whenever they fail a test. Football and baseball keep their information private other than announcing a failed PED. I hear about a steroid user and I boycott and bad mouth.

Dana White you are a DOUCHE

Army of Darkness

15. Dude. Seriously. You didn't type all that shit expecting someone to read it, did you, Cobra? Get a life. Actually, Cobra was a supporter of Dana. Maybe you're just bi-polar or insane or something. Or both.

16. Wow, you can't read, great comeback, moron. You are the other brother. Trust me, people don't need to read it. They are done with the UFC and steroid abusers. They are going the way of fake wrestling. They need your support. Instead of buying useless books, donate your money to a useful cause. Get the UFC the drugs they need or better contraceptives for your mom. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17. Nichole Lesniak says:

Yeah…people are done with the UFC, my god your truly retarded Poppycock. Are people done with the NFL, NBA, MLB, Pro Soccer, TV Wrestling, Movies, High School and Collegiate Sports?

No, of course not. Poppycock you get the 2010 Title for DUMBEST POST OF THE YEAR, your as stupid as Jay and as full of shit as CobraClutch.

No one will stop watching because some athlete is cheating. Sonnen might be a disgrace as a Pro, a Family Man, and an American, but he can still compete and perform and he will continue to do so, and we will continue to pay to see him.

You think when the biggest MMA cheater of all time – BARNETT – fights Fedor nobody will watch it because he got caught juicing 3 times. Everyone will still see it, Poppycock you imbecile.

By the way, I'll give you a rim-job for PPV fee's.

18. Nichole Lesniak says:

Yikes. My spellling would NEVER be that atrocious!

19. SHANE CARWIN IS ALSO A CHEATER!!! Why is the media silent on this??? Carwin your a POS!!!

20. Nichole your retarded. Get a life.

21. It's not Nichole. That's pretty obvious.

22. I'm gay. I love penis. I'm just mad a Nichole because she's a girl and girls don't like me or pay any attention to me. And I have to still breast feed at 14 to get any action from a chick. Well, there was that one time at school when I paid the retarded girl my lunch money to brush against it.

Uh oh. Did I say that out loud? I thought I was using my inner voice!

23. You are all synics fuck up and get on with your own lives yous obviously have nothing better to do except sit on the net fukn geeks , anyone of the guys you talk about could smash you to pieces and when the government collapses thats all that will matter , fuck american law and all of its politicions !!! Kurupt fucks