Chael Sonnen Sports a “Don’t Be Scared Homie” Tee

The trash talk contender, Chael Sonnen sporting Diaz’s bothers apparel. Sonnen and Matt Lindland have been down helping Jake Shields prepare for GSP. [DiazBothers]

Comments

1. Kung Fu Panda says:

Shields should have found better training partners for his match with GSP. He is going to fight, arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world and he goes to these clowns for help? Matt must be teaching him his incredible ability to block punches with his face before laying down and falling asleep and Chael is teaching him how and where to inject himself.

2. PoppyNick says:

I'm not a fan of Chael, can't stand him but to get ready for GSP I think Chael is a good choice. You are not going to find too many guys who can wrestle the way Chael does with that pressure pace. I really hope to see GSP fall to Shields…..really hope. I see GSP keeping this standing for once as I don't think going to the ground with Shields is a good choice. This is the best BJJ guy he will have faced in his career.

3. ironcjb82 says:

gsp will be able to do whatever he wants/ Stand and bang or take him down at will. This is not the toughest match up gsp has had, not even close. BJ Penn is better at jj than Shields imo

4. other derek says:

this will be gsp's easiest test in years lol…jake shields will never be a champ in any weight class in the ufc….don't agree don't care only future will tell

5. Bringing in Sonnen was a great move because he has really good shoots and can better mimic the strengh of GSP.

What I'm predicting is that GSP is going to try to keep this one standing. Why not, his standing is better than Shields and he stays out of being in a dangerous guard.

6. MMA maniac says:

Derek easiest test? Shields is a world class submission grappler. Abu dhabi champion, NCAA Division 2, Class A shooto, I think shields has to have a superb gas tank for this fight because GSP is a guy that never gets tired. agreed GSp has great takedowns and great pace. But shields is more technical on the ground. GSP has been submiited by a prime matt hughes

7. Rotten JD says:

All that i have seen from Jake Shields did not impress me by any means. He pretty much used his "talent" to get them on the ground and then lay on them until he sqeaked out victories. GSP will definetly not just lay there and let Shields take his belt by decision. If Dan Henderson hadn't of gassed out we wouldn't even be talking about Shields right now.

8. gas out or not thats all part of the game. hendo is a great fighter and he got beat. i always count shields out and he always wins so i’m not going to bet against him just yet. i want to see what he does against gsp.

9. MMA maniac says:

Well Shields likes to fight from the top thats his strength. And we havent really seen how GSP does on his back against one of the best grapplers on the planet in shields.

10. I really don't think Shields is strong enough to sink in any power chokes or locks. His best bet is probably the good old arm bar which I think he will have a chance to sink in as GSP ground and pounds. I really don't see Shields getting a takedown so his best bet to be on top is to try and sweep from the bottom.

11. MMA maniac says:

You guys will be shocked when shileds is on his A game he is very dangerous on the ground and very technical. Its gonna be a tactical battle. Anything can happen in MMA