Chael Sonnen Compares Anderson Silva To Britney Spears

Not long after the UFC announced that Chael Sonnen will get the next shot at Anderson Silva, Sonnen hits the air waves to bash the UFC middleweight champion on the Carmichael Dave show.

“I compare Anderson to Britney Spears. She shaved her head to get headlines. Britney Silva went up to 205, retired, etc. Nobody cares… When my music hits and the doors close, the fight’s on. I’m not going to dance, juke or jive. I will find him… You know what you’re getting with Silva. A guy who pretends he doesn’t speak English, is a fantastic athlete, and acts like a fool. If you like that, go buy his t-shirt with the other two guys who like him. [MMAMania]“

Sonnen brings in some superior wrestling skills, it going to be fun to see how Anderson handles such an aggressive wrestler.

Comments

1. CobraClutch says:

this is going to be like silva/griffin. 1st round ko/tko. silva crushes him and wins back his fans…and Dana White

2. dude— if anderson thought that damian was showing him no respect then what about chael? THis is getting funny. I gotta give it to sonnen— hes confident.

3. just the truth says:

this is gonna be asswhooping for Chael Sonnen

4. PoppyNick says:

Sonnen is going to get thumped…..Cobra, I actually agree with you.

5. you guys aren't real fans are you?? sonnen is gonna ground and pound thhe heck outta the spider!

6. Those are some bold predictions. Silva by descsion. This will be a solid bout.

7. Sonnen will get knocked out in the first. Watch for silvas take down deffince and the clintch…..

8. Eric, how is he going to GnP Silva if he cant take him down?

How often do you see silva on the Mat? exactly

9. chael sonnen is dead

10. Agreed, although i think Chael will not quit but i think Silva will make him quit. Interested in this fight to see how Silva responsds to White's response to his last performance.

11. CobraClutch says:

Not trying to make a bold prediction…just predicting what will happen. hahaha. I will predict I will wake up tomorrow…why do I have to make a "bold" prediction…it's just what's going to happen…like….Silva crushing Sonnen. It's just what's going to happen. End of story. Book it.

12. aaaaaah snap no he dident bye bye cheal hahaha this is going to b good :D

13. Bryce3333 says:

He is such a better wrestler than Dan Henderson…. How did that turn out for Hendo?

14. Bryce3333 says:

Oh, he tapped, I remember now… Silva is still a black belt BJJ.

15. CobraClutch says:

Silva is SO talented, he makes good fighters look silly. Yeah, he was a douche in his last fight, and lost respect, but there's no denying the man's utter skill…quickness, power, defense, all amazing.

16. I agree, the spider is extremely ellusive, and will give Chael a hard time. However, just remember, Hendo lost, but he was GnP Silva pretty good, landing some solid hammer fists and inflicted more damage then most of Andersons other challangers have.

Chael will have to work on cleaning up his striking, and have to learn how to mix his stand up with takedowns in order to be effective. The only way to take Silva to the matt is to set it up with striking, much like GSP does. GSP has such an explosive takedown, It is probably one of the only things that can put a dent in Silva's armor. Silvas striking is just on another level.

Guess we will find out in due time.

17. CobraClutch says:

Sonnen is not Hendo. And Silva's even better now. And, like Bryce said…look what happened to Hendo. Sonnen had one great fight his last time out, and he's a good fighter, but I don't think his name would have been in the mix if he didn't man-handle Marquardt like he did. We'd be looking at Vitor or Marquardt ahead of Chael. Sonnen will certainly kick MY ass, but against Silva? Doesn't stand even a smidge of a chance.

18. BJJ Brown Belt says:

I think that Chael's aggresive approach is actually going to work against him in this fight. Not counting the Maia fight, which was just retarded, and I am not defending Silva neither, but Cote and Leites were not doing anything to fight. When someone comes at Silva, the way Chris, Rich, Forrest, Silva, and Hendo did, then her is a better fighter. I would not say he is a classical counter striker, like Machida, but does step it up when his opponent presess the action. I could see Chael taking him down once or twice but it will not stay there long…and sooner or later Anderson is going to catch him. Chael is a good athlette but Anderson's speed and quickness make this a terrible match-up for him. Anderson will knock him out in the second round.

19. CobraClutch says:

Sonnen's last 3 fights were unanimous decisions. And he's only won 4 out of 11 fights against decent opponents, and has never finished a decent opponent. He has no shot.

I agree with BJJ…Chael WILL take the fight to Anderson, but expect a Forrest ending. Run, Chael, Run!!!

20. i feel that if babalu can stick him in a triangle, so can anderson.

21. I think Chael will win. Then he will defeat Brock, Machida, GSP and Frankie Edgar. Then he will win the Abu Dhabi's. All in one night. And only then will we know that he is ready to train for his new challenge…Chuck Norris.

Seriously though, Chael will bring the fight to Anderson, if Dana White's words do not motivate Anderson to do the same, but I don't think it will end well for Chael. I think it will be explosive though.

22. chael sonnen is not the guy who's going to beat silva, but he'll put up a good fight. if he's got a chin it will go into the later rounds. but he won't get silva to the floor much if a at all.

23. big gibby says:

i am gonna love all the trash talking leading up to this fight

24. Um let's see, Sonnen lost to the guy who Silva just beat, and has gone on to win three decisions since then. Really? This is absurd. Looks like this is another Silva fight I won't be paying for…what a joke. You can't talk like this guy is the best fighter in the world and continue to match him up against sub par opponents. Silva hasn't had a real test since Henderson.

25. Nichole Lesniak says:

Suddenly everyone has amnesia! If the same Silva shows up from the last fight, Sonnen has a shot. And I definitely think he has more of a shot than you're all giving him. At least Sonnen won't play Silva's ridiculous games.

26. how they gonna sell sonen vs silva sonen got sub''d by maia

yeah he dominated marquaert but anderson ko'd marquardt to so how??

27. CobraClutch says:

Nichole, I think this will be another Forrest/Silva type of fight, because Sonnen is pledging to bring the fight to Silva, like Forrest did. If that happens, it's going to be a long night for Sonnen (or…a very very short one). I think, personally, he has no shot at all. What do you think gives him any shot? He's never crushed or even finished top-level talent…or even mid-level talent. All his wins against the better fighters have been decisions. And he's going to go up against Silva in the prime of his career and now has something to prove? Hell, no, my friend…I ain't giving Sonnen a chance in this one. :)

28. ryan s

you think sonnen got the takedown offense to keep silva 25

min on the ground nah m8 .

and he dont finish people

ufcmust stop give anderson ground guys

hendo tryd and i personnly hendo got i better takedown offense then sonnen plus hendo is able to ko people

and sonnen isnt

likely to fight anderson in my eyes

-rampage-evans-shogun- macinda woulnt happen cuz they like brothers

(sorry for poor english

29. Maia was ko'ed in twenty seconds to a guy who lost to Silva. Then he gets a shot at Silva – ridiculous. Sonnen gets choked out by Maia, gets a shot at Silva. Nichole the complaining has nothing to do with amnesia – I and others on here surely know that Sonnen, like many fighters, has a chance to beat AS. The problem is the UFC makes him out to be their Fedor yet he hasn't had a worthy matchup since Hendo. You can't pop off about how freakishly good Silva is and continue to pit him against slightly above average challengers. Everyone knows that the competition in the UFC is at 205 and Silva is naturally at that weight – yet now he is fighting guys who got bitched by other guys he has already beat. At least Fedor fights the best guys that he has available to him. Silva's every other match fighting style isn't the only insulting thing… clearly he's being protected so that Dana can keep selling these bogus main events.

30. Bryce3333 says:

I think silva fighting two weight classes makes his middleweight competition seem weaker due to time between defenses. They fight each other and lose and it weakens them as challengers. Like people claiming manard should have fight penn instead of Edgar or the sonnen, Maia , Nate deal. If he stayed at middleweight he might have 3 defenses a year instead of beating up light heavyweights. I think he is p4p but he needs to move up or stay in his class and destroy.

31. Bryce3333 says:

Also if Dana was protecting him I don't think he would blast him on tv for not finishing the fight and dancing too much IMO