Cage Today Fighter Rankings

FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION (145 LBS.)

1. Mike Brown
  2. Urijah Faber
  3. Norifumi Yamamoto
  4. Masakazu Imanari
  5. Wagnney Fabiano
  6. Hatsu Hioki
  7. Rafael Assuncao
  8. Leonard Garcia
  9. Takeshi Inoue
  10. Yugi Hoshino

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION (155 LBS.)

1. BJ Penn
  2. Eddie Alvarez
  3. Kenny Florian
  4. Shinya Aoki
  5. Sean Sherk
  6. Joachim Hansen
  7. Tyson Griffin
  8. Gesias Calvancanti
  9. Takanori Gomi
  10. Josh Thomson

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION (170 LBS.)

1. Georges St. Pierre
  2. Thiago Alves
  3. Jon Fitch
  4. Josh Koscheck
  5. Jake Shields
  6. Matt Hughes
  7. Carlos Condit
  8. Matt Serra
  9. Karo Parisyan
  10. Dustin Hazlett

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185 LBS.)

1. Anderson Silva
  2. Dan Henderson
  3. Rich Franklin
  4. Yushin Okami
  5. Robbie Lawler
  6. Nate Marquardt
  7. Gegard Mousasi
  8. Matt Lindland
  9. Chael Sonnen
  10. Paulo Filho
  11. Yoshiro Akiyama

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (205 LBS.)

1. Forrest Griffin
  2. Lyoto Machida
  3. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson
  4. Rashad Evans
  5. Wanderlei Silva
  6. Keith Jardine
  7. Chuck Liddell
  8. Thiago Silva
  9. Renato Sobral
  10. Vladimir Matyushenko

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (up to 265 LBS.)

1. Fedor Emelianenko
  2. Antonio Rogerio “Minotoro” Nogueira
  3. Josh Barnett
  4. Andrei Arlovski
  5. Brock Lesnar
  6. Randy Couture
  7. Frank Mir
  8. Gabriel Gonzaga
  9. Fabricio Wierdum
  10. Tim Sylvia

POUND FOR POUND (No Limit)

1. Anderson Silva
  2. BJ Penn
  3. Georges St. Pierre
  4. Fedor Emelianenko
  5. Miguel Torres
  6. Urijah Faber
  7. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
  8. Forrest Griffin
  9. Eddie Alvarez
  10. Quinton Jackson
  11. Lyoto Machida

Comments

1. they look good, i think you got garcia to high as of yet he still neds another big win and you have mir to high he dosn't belong in the top 10 at all, but all and all pretty good

2. I guess I have more to learn because I don't recognize most of those featherweight fighters. I would put Fitch ahead of Alvez, I'm not really sold on him yet. I think Marquardt is better than Lawler and Okami.

3. Andrei Arlovski made it as high as #3 is beyond me. And didnt Tim Silvia retire????

4. I was under the impression Franklin went light heavyweight.

5. How did Faber make #6 on pound for pound when was behind Mike Brown on the featherweight rank?

6. Mike Brown is the champ thats why he's #1 in FW but I think Faber is one of the best P4P. He just got caught in that fight.

Good points on Franklin, Arlovski, and Garcia. Where would you put them? You all are a part of the site so state your case and I'll make the changes.

7. i agree on brown eric i think garcia will be up there right now i would have him somewhere between 7-10 and i don't have a problem with aa at #3 personally i would put him 4th.i would rank franklin at mw and not at lhw because he might not even be in the top 10 at lhw beating hammill would not put him there.also i know people don't like him but lindland belongs in the top 10 somewhere at mw.

8. dane drebin says:

how in the hell is tyson griffin above sean sherk? doesnt make sense to me? and i wouldnt put diego in the picture until he actually has a fight at 155 what if he shows up totally drained and just sucks at 155. i think he will do great but judge him after he actually does something. also didnt jeff curan drop to 135?

9. Good points roy and dane I made the changes. I guess I missed it but you're right dane Curran dropped back in august to 135.

10. Wow I would say those are probably the best Rankings I have seen for a long time. I like Anderson Silva at number 1 and I like to see BJ Penn higher than GSP. They are both very good but just because BJ fights two weight classes I would put him one knotch higher. I thing Arlovski needs to be higher though. I guess he will be when he beats the faggot Fedor

11. Thats always such a toss up between BJ and GSP. I'm just waiting for that fight to happen to settle it. I'm really hoping to see a fight between Torres and Faber in the future sometime too.

I get your point about having Arlovski higher. The only thing holding me back is I can't tell if he lost some of that killer instinct after he got TKO'd by Silvia. In his last win the ref was wrong for standing Nelson up when he was in side control which is a dominant position. But I think Arlovski would have pulled that one out anyway. How he does against Fedor is going to say a lot.

Same with Filho. He's got a ton of talent but his head has been all over the place. Theres a ton of rising talent in the MW division but I still can't pull that guy out of the top 10.

Anyone else think that Arlovski should be ranked higher in HW?

12. fightfuck says:

This whole thing is a mess way to many mistakes to name them all, sherdog rankings are far more accurate. Fedor p4p # 4??????thats crazy hes number one anderson silva should be 3 or four

13. I like them glad they got updated. i would say jardine above Chuck liddel though but either way really on that one. i would have Jake Shields at around 5 or 6 I would have hazelett in the top ten also at ww. and while it is prolly too early what about Machida for p4p.

14. dane drebin says:

hey thanks eric that's tyte you took everything i said into sonideration it's nice to be appriciated for once

15. I appreciate you dane your good guy with a cool handle name. lol

16. dane drebin says:

wow i butchered consideration into sonideration hahahaha

im a bad speller at 4:48 in the morning

thanks zalbag hahaha

17. thanks eric for putting that in there. phuk sherdog cagetoday has great customer service lol

18. Yeah Eric, looking at the revisions you made, I'd say these look pretty good. I definately think Penn does come before GSP only because GSP does look good, I just don't think he has been truely tested yet. I'm not sure I would say Alves is #2 in welter, but I guess thats argueable.

19. jardine should at least be number 6…he beat chuck and forest and just got a win over vera

20. I agree about Jardine he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

21. Thanks for the contribution on the rankings everyone. I think we've got a good list for the site now.

22. icemanrcks says:

i think if nate diaz wins his next fight he should be within the top 10 155 #ers. i think jardine gets more respect than he deserves.jardine is not that great i dont see him beating anybody on the top list. though he has he wouldnt be able to do it agin.i see sobral beating him. i think if he was on the ultimate fighter he would have lost this season too. rashad should be number 2 he works the game plan good enough to beat lyoto and rampage.

23. dane drebin says:

i agree with you on everything iceman except i think ur selling jardine way short. he beat chuck convincingly, and dominated forest. hes not consistent but he is dangerous to everyone. and who do u think would beat him on this season of TUF?

24. I see some points iceman however seeing as how Lyoto convincingly beat alot of top fighters and Rashad is only now reaching that echelon of fights. I don't think that you could put Rashad ahead of Lyoto or Rampage. In Rampage your talking about a former champ a guy who held belts both in pride and in the UFC. Rashad is good but he hasnt one anything at the top level of fighting yet.

25. Zalbag I agree. No way can u put Rashad ahead of Rampage or Lyoto. He hasnt earned it. You dont get to be called #2 if u havent beat some of the very top guys in the division. Beating Chuck by KO makes for good PPV buys thats why he is getting a title shot. Lyoto has beat top guys like Tito who when rashad fought tito he had to rely on a point being taken away and still only managed a tie. And he also barley beat Bisping. A fight where I thought Bisping did more damage. So maybe if Rashad beats the hell out of Forrest then I will consider him #2 right behind Rampage. Also Dane u said that Jardine dominated Forrest? Go back and watch the fight dude. U gotta be kidding me. Forrest was picking Jardine apart until he got caught. So not sure how that is being dominated but whatever u say right;)

26. icemanrcks says:

i dont think rashad would beat rampage or lyoto. i think greg jacksons game plan would beat either one of them. he would just have rashad out there doing it. when it comes to jardine you can put him aginst chuck or forrest and i bet the fight would end with him loosing. i tyhink sobral and silva would beat jardine. i dont see how bisping didnt make the top 10

27. dane drebin says:

actually i think the rankings they have up there for 205 are pretty legit i wouldnt change much at all its hard to rank 205 cuz everyones beaten eachother but rashad, lyoto, and thiago should definetly be up there since they are undefeated sept thioago hasnt really faced anyone good yet.

28. monte hoogerhyde says:

fitch should be 2rd,filho should be 2nd.gsp should be 2nd

he will beat penn.

i like nog but i think asshead mir will win. then brock destroys mir.

29. paul needs to be off the to 10 middle weights he is a chetter and a big pussy and he run in the fight from Chael Sonnen nd he run from Chael Sonnen even before the fight like going to rehab like 2 weeks before his fight like abich..

jon ftch should be 2 he beat alves

30. rashed could be loyoto.. i would love to tsee forrest vs silva cuse i thik forrest would lose and i cant wait for Thioago to get his first stepto a 10 guy and aftter he wins he will start fihting great oppents like him and i cnt wwait to see it

31. fitch and alves are neck and neck in my eyes. i say leave alves because he is next in line. nobody gives jardine any credit. the only way you can argue him down is to say he loses most big fights which he does (except for chuck). but he is a legit contender.

i would take filho off because of how he looked in his last fight. if he didn't have a history in pride then nobody would be talking about him anymore based on his WEC fights.

after the last fight night, would anyone add gouvea (MW) or anthony johnson (WW) to the list?

32. dane drebin says:

jardine wins big fights like lidell and forest but lose4s big fights like wandy

i think the loss to houston made a lot of people doubt him but houston was new at the time and could have upset a lot of people who took him lightly in the clinch.

i agree that fitch and alves are neck and neck aswell but if i ahd to pick i would pick fitch since he beat alves be it a long time ago when alves was much smaller

33. now that Diego is at lw I would prolly put him right below Sherk. as far as Anthony Johnson he's getting there but I think I would put Swick at 12< and even though his last fight went the way it did you would prolly have to put Yoshida ahead of Rumble too.