Cage Today Fighter Rankings

anderson-silva-james-irvin-ufn14

CageToday.com fighter rankings are updated.

FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION (145 LBS.)

1. Mike Brown
  2. Urijah Faber
  3. Jose Aldo
  4. Leonard Garcia
  5. Wagnney Fabiano
  6. Hatsu Hioki
  7. Rafael Assuncao
  8. “Lion” Takeshi Inoue
  9. Yugi Hoshino
  10. Marlon Sandro

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION (155 LBS.)

1. BJ Penn
  2. Eddie Alvarez
  3. Shinya Aoki
  4. Diego Sanchez
  5. Kenny Florian
  6. Gray Maynard
  7. Gilbert Melendez
  8. Josh Thompson
  9. Clay Guida
  10. Frankie Edgar

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION (170 LBS.)

1. Georges St. Pierre
  2. Jon Fitch
  3. Thiago Alves
  4. Jake Shields
  5. Mike “Quick” Swick
  6. Martin Kampmann
  7. Josh Koscheck
  8. Carlos Condit
  9. Matt Hughes
  10. Dan Hardy

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185 LBS.)

1. Anderson Silva
  2. Dan Henderson
  3. Nate Marquardt
  4. Jorge Santiago
  5. Youshin Okami
  6. Demian Maia
  7. Robbie Lawler
  8. Vitor Belfort
  9. Yoshiro Akiyama
  10. Chael Sonnen

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (205 LBS.)

1. Lyoto Machida
  2. Quinto “Rampage” Jackson
  3. Rashad Evans
  4. Gregard Mousasi
  5. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
  6. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
  7. Forrest Griffin
  8. Luis Cane
  9. Rich Franklin
  10. Wanderlei Silva
  11. Keith Jardine

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (up to 265 LBS.)

1. Fedor Emelianenko
  2. Brock Lesnar
  3. Frank Mir
  4. Randy Couture
  5. Antonio Rogrigo Noguiera
  6. Josh Barnett
  7. Alistair Overeem
  8. Shane Carwin
  9. Brett Rogers
  10. Cain Velasquez

POUND FOR POUND (No Limit)

1. Anderson Silva
  2. Georges St. Pierre
  3. Fedor Emelianenko
  4. Lyoto Machida
  5. BJ Penn
  6. Mike Brown
  7. Quinton Jackson
  8. Rashad Evans
  9. Gregard Mousasi
  10. Brian Bowles

Comments

1. dane drebin says:

lesnar would take down silvas and pound him out. travis lutter took down silva and full mounted him. lesnar would pass his gaurd like butter and destroy him. silvas way more talented but the size difference would be way too much.

2. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Right on Tim, was gonna say… I pretty much quoting what his trainer said but he did add that he does need to learn to move his head because he's facing better fighter. He mentioned that Carwin can usually eat a punch and take it which is why he doesn't feel the need to move… but if he does that With Lesnar it won't be good for him.

3. Oswald Gobblecock says:

As far as Lesnar vs Silva goes… lol I've talked about this with my buddies. I really think he could fight Fedor at LHW with Fedor at HW and beat him despite the weight difference but as far as Lesnar goes… that's just too much weight, size and strength difference there for Silva to deal with IMO.

4. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Also, I gotta ask but why is Luis Cane above Rich Franklin, Wanderlei Silva and Keith Jardine? I know his only loss is a DQ but he hasn't fought any top ten guys which is probably why his record is good so far.

Also think Clay guida should be a top 10 guy. He's only lost to top guys. I still haven't seen anything out of Gray Maynard that makes me consider him a top 10 guy… maybe that's just IMO. Plus the guy hasn't finished anybody in his last 4 fights.

Last thing, I think BJ should be ahead of Fedor for P4P cause BJ has only lost at WW not LW but has fought nothing but the best guys.

5. I know Silva is a great fighter but there is no way he could deal with Lesnar and beat thim there is just to much overall size and strength distance and Lesnar would have a huge reach advantage at 81. Come on Silva could be 220 at most for the fight and Lesnar would be 280 come fight time…hell no Silva would never agree to this fight now fighting Fedor i could understand as there both around the same weight walking around.

FYI, I heard Lesnar asked for this fight with Carwin as he was planning on fighting Fedor this year but since that fel through he told the UFC he wanted to stay active and defend his belt and wanted to fight again within 3 months. All i have to say is win or lose you have to respect Lesnar for his willingness to stay active and defend his belt. Lesnar did say he wants to fight at least 3 times a year if not more. So he told Dana he cant be taking these 6 month lay offs in between fights no more.

6. other derek says:

so if silva has only 3 more fights left on contract in the ufc and then he's going to retire and fight roy jones jr. he should get one more fight at 205 then title shot ( even if it is machida ) then a super fight vs GSP.

7. I thought the new rankings were a big step toward the right direction, certainly more acurate than before. My only major qualm would be Brett Rogers @ 8 in the HW's. I just don't see it. Top 20?…may be. He has one major victory to date. Match him u vs. Fedor, it will be over before it begins.

8. I agree with rankings as well…MAC your right on Rogers but who else should they have put in his place?

9. I don't know. May be Gonzaga? Even Kimbo Slice has one major victory, although I do not consider him anywhere near the top 20. There are a few HW's out there that have been competing for awhile: Monson, quite a few Japanese fighters I used to see competing in Pride. It seems these rankings are steered toward popularity, instead of true rankings based on performance…

Who do you think Tim?

10. Torres loses on a fluke! so take him out of the rankings. what the f**k! but rank Faber 2nd after 2 loses to Brown, count them loses to the same guy! your rating suck ass!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Thiago Alves lost to GSP! but, he is ranked 3rd still.(what?)

12. Oswald Gobblecock says:

/ Yeah, who should be higher? Just cause some1 else is up for a shot doens't mean they should be ranked #2. If they beat GSP then they can be #1. Sometimes the ranking are total BS like when they put Barnett at #2 just cause he was next to fight Fedor. He was never #2 at that time. He hadn't beat any top 10 guys recently.

13. The UFC as an organization is starting to go down hill. I wish UFC would join Strikeforce but that VAGINA, Dana White would never agree to it cause he would be loosing money. Its just a big publicity these days. And while I still discussing how corrupt they are, i was rooting for Machida, but shogun should of won that last fight. I mean come on!

14. RS, so you look at the rankings and you decide that "The UFC as an organization is starting to go down hill" because every fighter ranked first if from the UFC except for Fedor? Why should Dana join StrikeForce? And if it wasn't for publicity where would MMA be now? And where are the proof that they are corrupt? Am sorry RS but you sounded pretty dumb there buddy. Oh and nobody is talking about Machida vs Shogun anymore, everybody knows Shogun is the true champion.

15. No, I really don't pay attention to ranking on this board. I watch the fights and listen to the fighters in their pre-fight interviews and read up on some legitimate sources. I believe you have to be all in, if your going to state your opinion. You sound like a gun half loaded. The proof is every were, just watch the fights! And people have there opinions that if you don't fully dominate the champ, then you don't get the belt. Simple as that, so not every one knows. Dana is ONLY about the publicity and not the sport. I read some where that Dana is only looking for the most marketable fighter, not the one that deserves the title, and that's pretty much true. Finally, there should be 2 different ranking boards. one for UFC and a other for MMA Organization such as Strikeforce.