Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin Fist Comparison – Pic

Randy Couture said after his fight with Brock Lesnar that dodging his fists were like dodging flying lunch boxes. Lesnar not alone, Shane Carwin has some big lunch boxes of his own.

(click photo for the full size)

Comments

1. WHODINI says:

i just want to see Carwin hit Lesnar a couple times real good make him bleed then we'll see whats up for sure

2. i agree with whodini I am not a huge fan of either guy just like to watch them fight and I would like to see this go a few rounds and see if they push one another of this another one punch heavyweight fight like usual

3. *or this is another, stupid fingers, anyways if i have to pick i say lesnar if it goes past the 1st, if it ends quick its carwins

4. Marty Ross says:

Although I believe a pro boxer would have an advantage, I think the Champ would be hard to beat in a MMA fight.

5. IF it gets past the 1st round then it is Lesnars all the way.

6. Personality wise I'm rooting for Carwin, BUT Lesnar has showcased more of his wrestling. We all saw ho excellent he controlled Mir on the ground, I was blown away by that. I do hope Carwing gets the W.

7. What the hell happen to MIR. Has anyone heard anything on his fight or what the hell happened?I couldn't believe my eyes. He didn't even try. Does he think he needs more time to get ready for Brock? Or what???? Man ,I was so disapointed in Mir. He is so much better than that.

Does anyone know of a web site where he has addressed his actions?

8. I hope Carwin beats his ass. I can't stand that SOB. He's a dick that thinks his shit don't stink. His days coming when someone knocks his fat head off. Cain?

OK, I went a little over board. I don't like Brock, he looks like a freak.

9. Well We dont know yet If Brock can take a Punch. Mir threw a flying knee and Lesnar admitted that he got rocked a little. But Immediately took him down. If Carwin can use his wrestling pedigree to keep this fight on the feet Than I believe he can hurt Brock and Knock him out. But Vice versa if Carwin is not careful on his feet than Brock can also land a huge punch and put him out. So its gonna be an intriguing fight

10. Cain Velesques/ I know I didn't spell his name right but I think he is our only hope Obie Wan. Is he in the same weight class? Sorry to sound so stupid about all this, but I get confuessed. I don't think Carwin is going to do much better than Mir with Brock. What I really wanted to know was, has Mir given an interview about his fight with Carwin. I want to hear what he has to say about his performance. Maybe I was thinking wrong but I thought Mir would cream the guy. AT LEAST give him a fight. Just wondering if anyone has seen an interview.

11. Go to You Tube and watch Fedor vs Hong Man Choi (who makes Lesnar look like Astro Boy)

In fact Choi makes Fedor look like a child, and Choi does what Lesnar does, he pins Fedor and pounds the fudge out of him, except that Fedor has ground technical skills and you see that true MMA has little to do with size, weight, strength, and a lot more to do with knowledge. My point being that these very big fighters have little strategy vs one dimensional opponents, but put a Mixed Martial Artist in the ring and the bout changes from "Who's got the bigger fist" to "Who's got the bigger brain"

Watch the video…

12. Mir was prob thinking like Brandon Vera take his time and work him over but that didnt happen did it …

13. Hong Man Choi , now there's a freaky lookin' dude. I put my money on Fedor against anyone. He's so smart, reminds me of Spider, they're both so calm about it all. Kick'in ass & taking names. I never miss their fights.

GSP took care of business, he's like a machine. He never dissapoints, gives it his all ,and does it with class.

Still waiting to hear about an interview with Mir. Chime in if anyone hears about one. Maybe Mir should stick to commentaries, he's the best at that. Better than Rogan, & Rogan cracks me up.

14. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Just because Hong Man Choi is bigger then Lesnar doesn't mean he controls guys on the gound better than he can. I could see Fedor not being able to pull off an armbar on him. Mir couldn't and I think he's got better BJJ.

15. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Also, I gotta ask about what you said here…

"GSP took care of business, he’s like a machine. He never dissapoints"

Never dissapoints huh? MOST people were disappointed with his last fight and are very disappointed that he hasn't KO'd or submitted anybody in his last several fights so if anything GSP always dissapoints these days.

Is this 2007 you're living in? lol

16. Who has the belt???? GSP! So he goes the distance, I think he's testing himself on his stanima & why not, he trains like a Mo Fo, ! Was Daley even close to winning that fight? Hell no. Why not take it the distance. GSP said he was not happy about not submitting him, ok fine, I'll reword my statement. GSP has yet to dissapoint ME in his fights. In the real world you don't always see a KO or submission. Like I said…. Who STILL has the belt. Sure , he'll get beat by some new stud someday, but the man hasn't fallen yet & I don't think it will be anytime soon. You don't have to be a smart ass, 2007 he was still getting his ass kicked by Matt Hues & even SERRA, He's come a long way & I like his dedication to the sport.

17. Oh by the way, you're not saying Mir could take Fedor , were you????? What planet are you living on!!!

18. ChineseNuts says:

Actually Jude, Daley was no where close to winning that fight since it was Dan Hardy he was facing…. so I guess I can't give you too much shit since you were correct there.

As for the Lesnar vs. Carwin fight, I could care less who wins the match, I honestly think we are in for a treat and see both fighters tested throughout the match, I don't to admit it, but I'm hoping for a hotly contested 5 round fight ending in a very close decision.

As for Mir, I think he was just projecting too far ahead and planning for a 3rd fight with Lesnar instead of worrying about his fight with Carwin… then again I always thought Mir was a little too cocky at times anyways.

19. Showed my ass on that one, I couldn't remember his name. Give me a brake , I'm a senior.

I do love the sport though & I guess we all have our favorites. Did you think Hardy was winning at any time in that fight?

Lesner vs. Carwin , If Carwin can bloody old Brock up a bit I'll be happy. That man is out of control & acts like no one can touch him. I was glad to hear Dana got on his ass for the way he acted & the things he was saying about his sponser.

What do you think of Cain Velasquez, (can't spell his name either) ?

20. CobraClutch says:

Lesnar/Carwin: I woulda thought that Brock would handle Carwin pretty easily, but now after seeing Carwin man-handle and utterly destroy Mir, I'm definitely excited to see this fight. Of course, I want Brock to lose, because of his attitude, but wouldn't be surprised if he wins. Although, with the fists and poundings both these guys give, I think a safe prediction would be expected a TKO. I'm kinda leaning towards Carwin right now due to Brock's sickness and long lay-off.

GSP: I'm sick of reading about how people don't like GSP's style. Whatever. He tried to submit Hardy a few times, and anyone else woulda tapped (or got snapped), but GSP didn't go for the extra leverage, and Hardy wouldn't quit. Hardy's definitely a gamer. But GSP fights TO WIN. I would love to see you guys in a fight and look only for your knockouts to win. You'd have around 6-5 or 12-18 records unless you were exceptional with power, like Carwin. Let's get real, and realize that you fight to win, and you win by attacking your opponents' weaknesses with your strengths and by having an effective game plan you stick with.

21. Yup, another angle to that bout was that Hardy couldn't get up, so perhaps GSP could not finish him, but Hardy couldn't even get on his feet to gain his strengths, so does that make GSP that much better, or Hardy that much worse.

22. I really dont see Lesnar winning this one. He as only beaten previous fighters because he a big dude who can wrestle them doen and use his size to maul them.

Carwin has the boxing skills and also is a wrestler so i dont see lesnar winning this one. I think Lesnar will be found out in this fight.

23. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Jude, why'd you ask if GSP has the belt? By saying GSP does do you think that somehow gave your argument some weight? lol You think GSP is "testing his stamina"? Even he said he was disappointed that he couldn't finish Hardy so don't make excuses for him. He may not have disappointed YOU but he did disappoint lots of other people so make that clear next time. Also, what fight are you talking about with Daley? He's finished his last couple fights that I've seen. Not sure why he was brought up. Also, yes I was being a smart ass but come on. Get off GSPs nuts. Even you can't be impressed that he couldn't finish Hardy! Hardy gained more fans off that fight than GSP did.

24. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Also, I said Mir has better BJJ than Fedor. Go back and read what was typed and don't assume stuff. Also, Mir is considered to be better than Arlovski and Rogers and both of them gave Fedor trouble so of course Mir has a shot. I think Carwin could beat him. Tell me you're not one of these mindless Fedor fans that thinks he's unbeatable? lol People thought Gracie was unbeatable until Hughes whooped him. I guarantee somebody in the UFC would beat Fedor. Fedor never wanted to come to the UFC. That's why he also says "I have nothing to prove"… never heard another "champ" say that. Fact is he has everything to prove. Back in Pride he was the top dogg but those days have ended and he needs to stop ducking the company that has the top 5 or 6 HWs for him to fight. Werdum? Seriously? What a test! It's not that he sucks but he isn't really a challenge for Fedor like others could be.

25. As for GSP, I think he deserves some "nut sucking" & I will be first in line. GSP took that fight hands down. He has worked his ass off to get where he's at & has shown a hell of a lot of class doing it. I think he could have broken that dumb shits arm if he was that kind of fighter but maybe he learned that some people are just stupid enough to not tap & take a break. GSP always learns from his mistakes & works to improve his game. I hope he gets another shot at that punkass, he wont make the same mistake. Oh & by the way , I did say GSP said he was disappointed. What I'd like to know is where the hell are all these people you keep claiming are so disappointed in his game are? I haven't heard one damn word from anyone else but you slammin' him. So maybe you better try just speaking for yourself dick wad.

And what's with your panties in a wad over Fedor. I like Mir,but there not a chance in hell he could take Fedor. Fedor doesn't fight for UFC because the UFC wanted him to fight for them & them alone. He doesn't need the UFC like so many other fighters do. It's hard out there & they are all bustin' balls to get in with them. I think Fedor would have signed if Dana would have let him fight in other MMA arenas as well. The dude fights because he love it, & he would not kiss anyones ass in the UFC just because some idiots think he's afraid of the UFC fighters. PLEASE!!! The dude fights because he loves it not to prove something to people like you. Everyone has their day in the sun & yea he'll get beat someday, but until them I"M A FAN & not afraid to say so.

26. Oh & another thing ! I can't believe you even put Matt Huges in the same sentence as Gracie. Gracie fought people twice his size, three fights in one night & they weren't 3 – 5 min. rounds. And still kicked ass. So don't even try to hand me any your dumb thoughts on that subject. Get off me dude, I never claimed to know everything about this great sport, but I enjoy it & I have an oppinion just like everyone else and I'm happy to say that don't come even close to yours.

27. Nichole Lesniak says:

Yeah…everything that Jude said! lol

28. Mir is overrated. he lost against Ian freeman back when the sport was nothing. he got reputation from beating "b" level fighters. Pete williams, Anthoni hardonk. Chiek kongo, TANK ABBOT!) when you put mir against a top level fighter he gets outclassed. yes his greatest asset is BJJ but thats only one aspect of mma. Say what you guys wanna say about Brock. Bottom line is Brock has made a great Transition into mma and he's still improving. He is kinds like a heavyweight GSP. brock takes down his opponents at will and his superior control on the ground.

29. Jay, I've been really disappointed in Mir as of late. Specifically, the last fight against Brock and the most recent against Carwin. However, let's give the man his due, eh? He got his reputation from beating "b" level fighters? What about Silvia? How about the first time he beat Brock? Please don't tell me you consider Big Nog to be a B level fighter… and he was the first fighter to TKO him. I don't agree with calling Kongo a b level fighter either. Mir may be lacking the focus lately, or maybe the sport is evolving beyond him, but he is still tremendously talented.

30. yeah he is talented in One aspect of the sport. he is over confident. And everybody these days are so well rounded. Frank thinks his BJJ is enough to beat High caliber fighters. frank needs to wake up and realize he is not fighting 1999 fighters anymore. and horrible game plan to stick with carwin in the clinch.

31. Oswald Gobblecock says:

I can tell that you're still in high school Jude. lol I realize that you already mentioned that GSP said he was disappointed with himself so why'd you bring that up? Also, watch the press conference where reporters and even Dana heard so much negative feedback about GSP's performance dip shit… also try reading the internet some time. You asking me to pull out examples makes me wonder if you're delusional because it's hard for me to believe that you haven't heard about how disappointed fans were with GSP when everybody else has. I've seen it all over the net to everybody I've watched it with. Maybe you live under a rock huh "dick wad". Nice immature tone from a turd high schooler who hasn't had pussy since it had him.

Let's not talk about my panties when yours have been soaked over defending GSP for his inability of finishing people that's all over the net but you claim I'm the only one mentioning it. If you know anything, which you don't seem to know much, about the fight game then you know that Mir has a chance to beat Fedor. Like I already said… he's considered to be better than AA an Rogers who both gave him trouble.

It's true Fedor doesn't need to come to the UFC but it pissed off most MMA fans because it is the top company and he it does hurt his legacy. That's not a matter of debate. Why would Dana let him fight other places? When you're in the UFC HW division why would you want to leave and fight in SF or Dream? It's like playing in the NFL then wanting to compete in Europe. Pretty dumb but that doesn't surprise me coming from you.

32. Oswald Gobblecock says:

"Oh & another thing !" Starting to see them panties show a lil bit more with a quote like that. Has any boy asked you to your senior prom yet? How are you trying to make me bringing up Hughes and Gracie look stupid again? You're stupid ass couldn't comprehend what I was comparing it to. You claim that Hughes somehow can't be compared to Gracie but didn't Hughes beat him? Way to make youself look even dumber there Corky. People are even getting sarcastic with you after your replies. lol It's really like playing basketball with a retard and calling him for double dribble, they let you slide. If you wanted me off of you then you shouldn't run your mouth to somebody who's clearly out scoring you and out debating you from post to post. You should have agreed to disagree instead of making yourself look dumb by pretending to be proud to disagree with me when you're the odd opinion out saying stupid shit like "What I'd like to know is where the hell are all these people you keep claiming are so disappointed in his game are?" when they're every fucking where retard! Did you also know that Tiger Woods was cheating on his wife with at least 10 different sluts or is that some kind of secret as well?! LMAO Stay in school lil kid and I'm glad I could welcome you to this site.

33. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Sorry for the double post… wish there was an edit option.

34. CobraClutch says:

I think you guys are too hard on Mir because of his attitude, personally. Deuces says he's been disappointed as of late, and points to the two losses. But he didn't point to knocking Big Nog down and eventually finishing him, and then the crushing victory over Kongo. I think when you look at the HW division, we have Brock, Carwin, Cain, and then Mir. I'll give it to you if you put in Dos Santos above Mir, too. But that's still top 5. Mir's easily better than Baby Bam Bam, Struve, and I would love to see him fight Roy Nelson now. That would be a better fight for both fighters than putting Nelson up against Dos Santos right now.

And I point to my posting above (#21) for those of you who still talk ish about GSP.

35. Cobra, I don't want to fact check you too much, because I do agree with you. But, I actually did mention Mir's finish of Big Nog.

36. Nichole Lesniak says:

Cobra…for someone who makes fun of Jude for sounding like he's in high school, your posts make it sound like you're sitting right next to him in study hall.

37. Nichole, I hope you're referring to Mr. Gobblecock and his "verbal asswhooping" ways. Cobra seems like a copacetic dude.

38. Nichole Lesniak says:

Yes, oops!

Cobra and I get along famously :)

39. Ok Cock Gobbler, I get it now. This has absolutely nothing to do with me or my PERSONAL opinions, you just get off hearing yourself talk & convincing everyone what an expert you are on MMA & all its fighters. And it sounds like you are know for your "verbal asswhooping" you like to give others as well as myself. As many times as I've been to this site to discuss recent fights or to just ask questions no one has ever been as rude or abussive as you. I never claimed to know it all in fact all I wanted to know was if anyone had heard of Mir giving an interview on his last fight. Some how I got pulled into your nasty little world of war of words. My fault, I should have reconnized what an egocentric , insecure child you were. So if you don't mind see if you can find someone else to force your "verbal asswhooping" on. I'm a 58 year old woman & I love the MMA & I enjoy this site & will check in from time to time & I assure you I'm not interrested in anything you may have to say. So good luck COCK GOBBLER on your quest to ruin this site for others, as far as I'm concerned you hold the belt.

40. PoppyNick says:

I don't know maybe it's just me…..but reading a 58yr old woman calling somone a cock gobbler makes me laugh.

41. Thanks Nichole !

42. I just reversed his name a bit. Thought it fit him better! The best thing I can do now is just ignore him & hope he goes away. Every day should start with a good laugh, peace out.

43. ChineseNuts says:

Wow…. all I can say is wow right now…. those last few posts just made my day!

44. CobraClutch says:

Deuces…apologies if I missed that.

Nichole…thank GOD! I was like "what did I say???" hahaha.

My personal little fave: Jude can't spell "recognize" but he can spell (and use correctly in a sentence) ego-centric and insecure. haha. Sorry. Just seemed funny to me for some reason. And I agree with PoppyNick for the little fave that made him laugh! hahaha. :D

45. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Ding ding ding, Jewd seems like he's almost out. Let's finish this and keep people entertained!

LoL Jude, Cock Gobbler! It's funny that I choose to go by the name Oswald Gobblecock to give people like you who can't win debates some fuel for the fire and you still can't beat me and everybody sees that you lost to a guy by the name of Oswald Gobblecock! It's great, I bet after you typed "Cock Gobbler" you were like "Yeah, I showed him"! LMAO Mean while the only time you get some ass is when your fingers slip through the toilet paper!

As far as me picking on you, that's on you. I started out having a friendly debate than you tried me by saying corny shit like "dick wad" and tryin to claim I'm stupid when I've obviously looked smarter than you for failing to comprehend posts and not knowing shit. You dug your own grave son. You have the choice to make amends in your next reply or we can keep going and everybody here knows who'll come out on top of that.

I love how you're lying to yourself about who the insecure child is. Right… that's what I'm know for, being insecure! LMAO A guy who chooses to go by this name and beats everybody who's tried him even with this name must be "insecure". Mean while it's clear how immature you are with the stupid shit that you post. You didn't have to tell us that you were in high school cause everybody already knew. If you were more secure then you would back up your argument instead of bowing out like a pussy about GSP an not being boring since I proved that most fans thought he was and it's far more than just me huh kid? lol

46. Oswald Gobblecock says:

You were fun, I figured you were new to this site but really you're just the shy turd who never speaks. Maybe if you knew about me then you should have chosen your words different. There's nothing wrong with people in here disagreeing but once they try to get personal in a war of words you'll never win and that's pretty secure of me to say huh Corky? (This young fuck doesn't even know who Corky is I bet! lol) How's that trying to lose your virginity by prom thing going for ya? Try me again sometime after your balls drop kid, not here… not today. Lost that round too.

47. CobraClutch says:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

Are the children done, yet? Can we please have "grown up" time again?

48. Nichole Lesniak says:

"beats everybody who’s tried him even with this name"

That made me LOL!

Amen, Cobra!

49. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Is Cobra bitter? I can't remember if I've ever clowned you or not but it seems like your ass is still sore. Nichole, you've seen this. lol

50. You're right, I don't know a soul on this site. I like to come here to read the head lines & put in my opinion sometimes. I didn't realize you were such a big shot & liked to rip on people. God forbid anyone disagrees with you, or has an opinion. I guess everyone else knows to just shut the fuck up & hope you'll go away or at least shut up. I never claimed to be an expert, just a fan. Maybe you have all the others on this site to agree to your outlandish bullcrap opinions, BUT I DON'T !What really kills me is how proud you are to argue over things that don't even matter. Get a life Mr. MMA, because if this is all you have going for you…. SAD! Hope you got your nut for the day, ripping on people seems to do it for you. Peace Out.