Boxing Promoter Don King Wants A Piece Of MMA

don-king

Notorious Boxing Promoter Don King,

When I bring my guys in we’ll be getting prepared to take on Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta in their league vs. our league. The same thing I want to do with the sport of boxing I want to do with MMA. Make it competitive, man. Make it a comparison. Even though they’ve put on good fights, let’s see what they do with someone totally independent.

So does this mean you’re adding an MMA arm to Don King Productions?

Well, I can’t do this all by myself. I’m 78 but I’m not slowing down. I’ve got all the time in the world to rest when I get to heaven.[USAToday]

Serious or not, Don King is the latest boxing promoter to want to dip his cup into MMA. Golden Boy=FAIL, Gary Shaw=FAIL

Sporting a fine jean jacket, obviously made by a 12 year old girl, Don King rambles about politics on ESPN Radio,

Comments

1. please dont let that bitch come to the mma world keep him out!!!!

2. 'I’ve got all the time in the world to rest when I get to heaven' ?!?

HEAVEN? you got to admire the optimism of some people.

3. That is seriously bad news. The pathetic, unfixable Belt system in Pro Boxing would rear its ugly head in MMA. Could be dark days ahead.

4. Random Name says:

what has don king done that you guys hate him so much for? please list out some facts?

5. WAR SHOGUN says:

hey RANDOM RETARD what world you live in? you don't know what this peace of shit does? he fixes fights and ruin sports among other things.

6. wow times are tough in boxing .. the Donster is smelling the money … only in america my brothers only in america ..i think him and Tito would get alomg

7. Random Name says:

So, Shogun, first of all, the world your ape-like fingers was trying to hunt-and-peck out is "piece"…..and I was just asking what facts you can point to. You say he's fixed fights and ruined "sports"….which sports has he ruined, and which fights did he fix?

I just want to know, that's all.

8. Random name: he stomped someone to death.

How that for starters?

also, if you know anything about boxing you wouldn't ask such a troll job of a question.

9. oh right, and then there's all of these things:

Lets be realistic Random name, him coming to MMA would be bad for the sport. REAL BAD.

10. Random Name says:

I don't think he's a good person…I'm just asking what evidence Shogun had that King "ruined sports" (multiple sports) and "fixed fights"….seems like he's a crook, bad manager, and not the most trust-worthy person, but I don't really see any evidence of those claims.

And you can lob insults at me if you want, but that doesn't make you any more right, or back up your case at all……and I'm an MMA fan…never liked boxing because of all the stoppage every time they started clinching. I preferred Muay Thai and MMA. So that's not really a good come back, dude. Who cares about boxing? So you're a fan….good for you.

11. Hey Man, I'm just trying to make a living here!

12. So, Shogun, first of all, the world your ape-like fingers was trying to hunt-and-peck out is “piece"

Dane, you can't spell shit wrong when you are making fun of people's grammatical errors. Besides, even if there isn't real hard evidence, you probably don't want someone that attracts that kind of attention and controversy in MMA. If all that shit surrounds him and he comes to MMA, it will bring down the credibility.

13. "Dane, you can’t spell shit wrong when you are making fun of people’s grammatical errors."

Ryan S i didnt even post anything why are u calling me out and wtf are u talking about?

14. i know mike tyson make a special trip to punch the guy out for stealing his money.

i think donald trump and mark cuban couldn't make it work in mma so i don't really see don king making it either.

15. don king is a dick he's got no chance in mma 1. he is to old 2. everyone knows what he is like so no one will work with him

16. Sorry Dane, that was supposed to say Random Name.

17. Shogun of Harlem says:

Don King needs to stay out of MMA. He does not need to ruin any other sport

18. sy: that's what everyone said 15 years ago and yet he still found plenty of big name fighters to promote.

If I remember correctly even Lennox Lewis had to deal with him to get further up and Lennox hated him.

The man has a velvet tongue and the uncanny ability to

sweet talk people into doing things that are great for Don and maybe not so great for themselves.

19. i know he did loads in boxing but i just think its to late for him to come into mma and make a diffrence and if he goes up against dana white and the fertitta's he'l just get crushed

20. Iron Mike says:

Hey dumb fucks, Y'all can talk all the side line shit you want bout Don King, but the fact of the matter is, that mother fucker would put all your mouths on the curb and stomp your brains through your corn fed mouths you fukin pecker woods now shut the fuk up and get in the ring!