BodogFight “Clash of the Nations”
April 14, 2007
ICE Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia
The Emelianenko brothers make quick work of their opponents in Saturday nights BodogFight event in Russia. Fedor manhandels Matt Lindland to a fairly easy armbar submission in the first round. Like you didn’t see that one coming. Lindland usually fights at Middleweight and is past his prime, BodogFights seems to want to put on a spectacle instead of getting real fights. Theirs a lot of controversy over Fedor grabbing the ropes during the fight, not a real factor in the fight if you ask me. Anyway, Aleksander Emelianenko had no problems with a decent fighter Eric Pele, KOing him in the first round. Here are the rest of the nights main card fight results and videos of BodogFights below!
Main Card Fight Results
- Fedor Emelianenko, 230 lbs def. Matt Lindland, 212 lbs via submission (armbar) at 2:58 of round 1.
- Aleksander Emelianenko, 255 lbs def. Eric Pele, 277 lbs via KO at 4:07 of round 1.
- Roman Zentzov, 233 lbs def. Kristof Midoux via TKO (corner stoppage) after the end of round 1.
- Amanda Buckner, 135 lbs def. Hitomi Akano, 136 lbs via unanimous decision after 3 rounds.
- Jorge Santiago, 186 lbs def. Andrei Semenov,185 lbs via TKO (strikes) at 4:48 of round 2.
- Nick Thompson, 170.8 lbs def. Eddie Alvarez, 169.7 lbs via TKO (strikes) at 4:32 of round 2.