Big Fights, Anderson Silva Not Retiring Anytime Soon

Anderson’s manager Ed Soares talks about the future of his career:

“I think the important thing is to really create the biggest fights possible …. I think Anderson’s got a good two, three years probably. He’s got a good eight or nine fights probably left in him for sure, maybe more. He doesn’t take too much damage, and the fact that he doesn’t take damage in the fights, it’s really more or less the training.” [MMAWeekly]

No damage is right, its hard to remember the last time I seen Anderson with some battle wounds. Anderson takes on fellow Brazilian Vitor Belfort at UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi, followed by a expected title defense against the winner of Marquardt vs Sonnen.

Comments

1. Oswald Gobblecock says:

After his Belfort fight, assuming he wins. He should take another fight at 205 instead of facing the winner of Marquardt vs Sonnen cause he's already destroyed Nate with ez and Sonnen… lol. Would like to see him go for the 205 belt personally.

2. when carwin punches mir's head into the 20th row give him time to heal then let anderson retire him

3. great to hear

4. Oswald Gobblecock says:

I don't know about that. I mean I'm a huge Anderson fan and believe he could take the 205 title if he wanted to but I think Carwin is too big for him. It'd be cool if he'd prove me wrong but I'm a realist.

5. Oswald Gobblecock says:

While I think Anderson Silva would destroy Fedor on the feet I'd feel he'd have a disadvantage on the ground. Even when Silva walks around at 220 and Fedor is 230. The way Fedor fights and his attributes makes me think he does better against bigger guys than Silva could. So at HW I think Fedor would do better but at LHW I could see Silva doing better than Fedor. I think Silva could handle someone like Machida better than Fedor could but that's just my opinion. I know this may sound confusing.

6. Carwin is too Slow For Anderson. He will not catch Anderson. Silva Can knock out carwin pretty quick.

7. Yeah and tank and Scott Ferrozo were too big for Vitor right?

8. Dude who told you anderson walks around at 220lbs. thats not right. he cuts 35lbs. before a fight and still performs like that. I dont think so. He walks around at about 205 because i remember him saying the first time he moved up to 205 that he did not have to cut weight.

9. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Vitor was way bigger than Anderson when he fought at HW and Tank doesn't have the frame Carwin does. Also, Carwins got a hell of a chin. Silva would not KO him early and this is coming from me, the guy who always talks him up! If Carwin did get ahold of him Anderson would be in trouble. Can't believe Vitor/Tank was your comparison to Silva/Carwin. lol I'd be even more blown away by Silva if he could do it though.

10. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Nico, he doesn't cut 35 lbs at once! lol Some fighter start to cut down weeks before weigh ins and then they do big cuts right before the fights. Look at Rumble Johnson. They say he walks around at 220 and he cuts to 170! Probably the biggest cut in MMA.

11. Why couldnt Anderson knock out carwin?? Gonzaga's chubby ass almost did. Silva is quicker than Gonzaga and much more precise. Forrest is a huge dude and he toyed with him. If anderson tagged carwins chin with his fist or knee carwin would be in trouble.

12. there is no way anderson walks around at that weight.. just cause johnson does it doesn't mean everyone else in mma does

13. Aldo Raine says:

I remember an interview a while back with A. Silva talking about if he fought Fedor and the problems he would give Fedor. I remember he said he could get up to about 220 for the fight if he needed to. So I dont think 220 is his walking weight. Maybe when he retires but I think he walks around at 205 or so.

14. walking weight does not equal training weight

training weight does not equal the weight you cut to get to the final weight

15. Oswald Gobblecock says:

I didn't say he couldn't KO him Jay, I said I doubt it would be right away cause Carwin can take a shot from guys who are bigger, stronger and hit harder than Anderson! Gonzaga has more power than Anderson and Carwin took that shot and didn't go down. Anderson doesn't hit harder than Rampage but he knocked Forrest out and Hendo silly cause he's got crazy accuracy. He still has that accuracy against Carwin but Carwin's chin is much bigger tree to chop down than what he's used to. Lets be honest here, Carwin's a wrestler and if he got ahold of Silva he could out power him easily and beat him on the ground.

champ12, I've seen several sources say he does. Just because you can't believe it doesn't mean it's not true. It's not like I've weighed him myself or anything but I believe it especially if Johnson does it too and cut to the weigh class below Anderson so it's not like that's a stretch.

That's true Al, walkin around weight doesn't mean training weigh and maybe that's the case. I've also heard 210 but the difference between me and some of you guys is that him at being 220 at certain times isn't that hard for me to believe.