Anderson Silva’s Performance Disappoints Dana White

Dana White,

“Believe me, I’ll answer the questions of what a disgrace the main event was. To end it the way that we did was an embarrassment for me, the UFC, the Fertittas and the UAE. If you’re that talented, be Mike Tyson. Go in there and finish.”

How does Dana compare this performance to his fight with Thales Leites,

“This one took the cake. I’m blown away, disgusted and saddened. I don’t want to see GSP vs. Silva after tonight. Silva might be the first champion fighting on a prelim card. I don’t want to see that sh*t. I wouldn’t come here [press conference] if I was him.”

Anderson Silva might be the most truly gifted fighter in the world, but his most recent performances (Maia, Leites and Cote) have left fans disappointed. Will Dana’s criticism, boos from the fans and even referee Dan Miragliotta stopping the fight to give Silva a verbal lashing, enough for Anderson to realize that cage antics and talent don’t make you a true champion.

Comments

1. CobraClutch says:

Told you. This was an embarrassment for someone who's so damn good. I agree with Dana 1000%. Go in there and crush dudes, and end it quick. Go down as the undeniable best-ever, most dominant, because he CAN do that. Why he does this crap is beyond my understanding.

Anderson actually has done this his whole career, and has never learned. He was winning his first pro fight (in my opinion) against Luiz Azeredo, but he started acting like a douche in the ring, and the judges split the decision and gave it to Luiz.

My last thought on this: I am a big Silva fan, which is why I'm so upset. No one wants to see running. I think GSP engages, and attacks in his own way. I admire Silva's allusiveness, and that's awesome. But it's his running and lack of interest to engage (when he obviously can end the fight whenever he wants to) that confuses and frustrates me. The opposite is why Clay Guida is loved by so many. He's non-stop pound-pound-pound. Standing, wrestling, jitz, anything. Guida's record isn't great, but he's always fun to watch and never fails to give 110% to all his fights.

2. I agree cobra. Other fighters with worse records would at least make a fight out of it and try to finish.

and where was bj at tonight? He didn't even show up. It seemed like he was somewhere else in his mind. I have no doubt that he could have attacked edgar and put him away.

it's sad when Hughes is the highlight of a ppv lol

3. Agree with Cobra. I want Shogun/Machida/Belfort for Anderson. I'd love GSP but i think his size hinders him from doing much. Anderson's strength is his length. And fighting GSP, who is a much smaller guy than most he has fought, MIGHT be easy for him. I hope any of the three fighters i mentioned would knock him the fuck out Henderson to Bisping style. I know that's close to impossible but I can dream hahaha

4. AS A FORMER ANDERSON SILVA FAN I HOPE HE DOES FIGHT GSP AND GETS HIS FUCKING ASS KICKED! WHAT A PISS POOR, UNPROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE AGAINST MIA.

IF I WAS DANA WHITE I WOULD BUY HIM OUT OF HIS CONTRACT AND FORCE HIM TO VACATE HIS BELT. IF HE CANT GET ANYONE THAT COMPETE AND SILVA IS GOING TO DISRESPECT MARTIAL ARTS AND HIS OPPONENTS ACTING LIKE A DICK, FUCK IT FIRE HIM!

AS A FIGHTER I WOULD PREFER SHOW ME WHY I AM OUT OF MY LEAGUE AND FINISH ME IN ROUND ONE, THAN HAVE HIME FUCK WITH ME FOR FIVE ROUNDS AND GET A DECISION.

IF GSP ISNT AN OPTION, CHAEL SONNEN SEEMS TO THINK HE CAN DO THE JOB,FUCK IT GIVE HIM A CHHANCE.

5. Silva could have finished him but he didnt oh well he made Maia look out classed and like he shouldnt be in there at all. Everyone is jumping on Silva for not finishing guys off and giving lame fights like this but then he comes back around and finishs guys like Forrest off with ease. So to think that any one else would have given him a better fight is unlikely. Sonnen would get murdered by Silva or toyed around like he does to people who should have no reason to be in the ring with him in the first place. If Silva truely wants to fight at heavy weight like he says or fight GSP at 170 then let him cause right now, no one at 185 can give him a good showing. And the fights at 205 that people want to see wont happen because if Shogun wins they wont let Silva fight him for the belt and he has said he will not fight Machida so thats out. These are just my thoughts.

6. Man WTF was goin on in that ring I almost want my money back for ordering this ppv …… Frankie showed the best mma has to offer and I was super excited to watch the main event then this happened ….. I jus couldn't figure silva out he fucked Maia up in the first 2 rounds albeit while acting like a dick head but then he jus stopped throwing punches it was absolutely crazy , silva could have beatin him at any moment and jus didn't and while we was doing nothin was still doin his stupid dances and shit …… Dropping him from the ufc is a bit extreme but really wat can the ufc do about it …… I guess the p4p best fighter in the world is jus a douchbag he's still the best in the world tho

7. silva=total douchebag

8. the problem is Silva is laughing at the UFC because they cant provide anyone the even gets close to his skill level, and he says sorry but he still acts like a dick in the octogon and disrespects the sport and his opponents fight after fight.

9. @gonzo

easy fix=cut his pay

10. I kind of think that Anderson wants Dana to break his contract and cut him from the UFC. I don't really see any other reason to purposely piss him off. His excuse was bullshit too. How many times have we heard him say that?

11. gashpounder says:

silva is arrogant and does not care about the fans or ufc

he is a piece of shit

12. Just another MMA dud says:

Here's my theory; It seems like Silva has some severe bi-polar issues and might be medicated for it constantly. He gets off those meds prior to a fight to pass a drug test and goes nutty in the octagon. It might not even be any meds that are illegal or questionable but he doesn't want it to be on a toxin screening and go public. Either way, he flips out and acts like a total jackass! I just watched the post fight UFC press interview and he did his typical, "He disrespected me" excuses for his actions. Regardless of my conspiracy theory, he acts like a classless, arrogant, disrespectful fool himself. BTW, I mean not offense to anyone with a bi-polar disorder…I am just making an observation.

13. That's it I'm done. I't just not worth the money to watch these guys get in there & patty cake. I'll pay to watch WEC before I pay for another UFC fight. Not one of those fights were worth the money. Who wins or doesn't isn't the issue, I want to see a fight. They all sucked as far as I'm concerned. What a joke.

14. maybe he really did just get tired. i still think he acted like an asshole the first 3 rounds but late in the fight he looked like he was having trouble landing punches. i think he gasses from playing around too much and then didnt know what to do so he just stayed away from any danger. i really wasnt sure who i wanted to win between him and gsp but now im sure i want gsp to teach him a lesson. anderson definitley set himself up to be the bad guy in that fight, maybe that was his angle:)

15. I will say this and I may be way off. — But when they announced that anderson was fighting damian m, then I figured this would happen just like the Lates fight. I was really looking forward to vitor fighting anderson because I thought that vitor would at-least bring the fight.

Having said that I think that dana needs to take some of the blame for this shit. They would have never had this problem if they would have resigned HENDO!!

Dana says that his job is to put on the best fights in the world and then he drops hendo and signs guys like Trigg and Renzo —- who are not bad fighters But come on…..

If dana would have swallowed a little pride and resigned hendo then last night we would have watched a killer rematch between anderson and henderson. Henderson would have taken the fight to anderson.

Although I do think that the spider should have finished Damian last night — still—- This was bound to happen. I figured the fight would go this way.

16. I wont bother bashing Silva……

But I wont ever bother buying another PPV if he's on the

main card either

17. CobraClutch says:

I would like to see an "F.U." card, where they put Silva on the prelims for $3,000 and they make all these bitch-ass team mates who don't want to fight each other battle. It'll probably have to be a Fight Night and offered for free, though, because who knows how that's going to perform. And for good measure, Hughes will have to fight an over-the-hill Gracie and pick a fun grudge match. Hahaha.

Prelim:

Silva vs Machida

On the Card:

Koscheck vs Fitch

Rashad vs Techno Viking

Grudge Match:

Kim vs Randy Couture

Has-Been Fight/Hughes vs Old Gracie's Match:

Matt Hughes vs Rickson Gracie

18. F^@k Dana White! I think some men were paid off and pissed off Saturday night. Matt did not even Hit Gracie hard or was it just me. BJ… was just sad. And Silva was pissed off and showed it in the ring. He was mad and I think it was at Dana. The reason being is where he was at and how much they love MMA and he wanted them to get there moneys worth by main events lasting.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

19. CobraClutch says:

OK, Ape, now THAT is the stupidest comment ever in the history of this site.

20. Funniest Shit I have ever seen.I think Anderson was showing Dana , that he needed better compotision. I'm still mad that Anderson and Vitor didn't get to fight. It would have been better to see Vitor vs Anderson. Instead we got this shit but oh well it was still funny. The Matt Hughes fight realy sucked, He could have finished Gracie off early. It's almost like he was told to take it easy on Gracie,make the fight last longer.

21. CobraClutch I am sorry, you must live in a bubble where everyone is perfect, and there is no greedy people. Have fun in that little bubble.

22. stop putting silva in the ring with guys who wont test him, maia didnt have a chance in that fight even before it started, put him in the ring with a big name, give him a reason to fight

23. bottom line i think its a money thing, silva is always wanting to get paid more, the only reason bj fought on this card was to off set the lack of buys for silva ppvs, its starting to get to the point that alot of ppv buyers like me dont even want to waste 50 bucks to get pissed off. i dont know what its like to be the best at anything but its a fucking slap in the face to all your fans and fight fans in general to act like an asshole and fuck around for 25 minutes when you can end it at will. Not to mention your opponent I would be furious if i was maia.

24. CobraClutch says:

I am sorry, Ape, but the bubble you choose live in is one where everyone is corrupt and all people are greedy. Have fun being paranoid. Hahaha. If you think any of these fights were fixed, you need to go down to your local Tea Party meeting, and share your conspiracy theories about "government take-overs", how "911 wasn't real" and how Barak Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya who's out to destroy America. Hahaha.

That idea is so asinine I can't address it anymore. Sorry. It's just too silly.

25. CobraClutch says:

STEVEO, just hit your local bar, pay $5, and watch the fights there. I have only ever paid for one PPV. It's just not worth it unless you're going to have a bunch of buddies over, chipping in for it. Either way, I can't see paying $50 on me own, ever, for any PPV.

26. now i'm missing hendo because he at least put up the best fight. i think you have to give him gsp or move him up to lhw to fight some of those guys. i don't know why he would shut down. he didn't do it because he felt bad for beating on maia, didn't do it because he was tired. so it must have been disrespect to fans or the match itself.

27. CobraClutch, What makes you think you know anything about Dana White and what his plans for the fighters are. Do you know him? Over the years I have watched Greed

corrupt Dana White and that is why I could care less what he thinks. The point is Silva did that for a reason and untill he speaks out why You and I will never know. Silly

28. I think it is hilarious. Something made that man act like that. I agree with Ape!

29. I agree with Hall. That was the Funniest Shit I have ever seen.

30. CobraClutch says:

Ape…you think like one. I'm talking about your notion that the fights were fixed. You attack me because I don't know Dana…well neither do you, and you also have zero evidence whatsoever that the fights were fixed or anyone was paid off.

Something made Silva do that, yes…he's been doing that his whole career, noob. Since his very first fight in MMA he's been show-boating and acting goofy. Get your learn on before spitting dumb accusations.

31. CobraClutch you are full of shit. Silva has never acted like that.. ( 5 round)

A joke here or there yes, 5 round of embarrassing another fighter I don't think so.

Just what make you think you know all and your Opinion is the only one that is right?

32. Maia talked shit like 12 months ago. And before the fight Silva had no bad blood. And he shaked his hand. All of a sudden silva makes an excuse saying that maia talked shit about him?? HOW BIZZARE IS THIS??

33. Judges should have taken points away from Silva round 3,4,5 thus making Maia (who isnt really that good) the winner!

Gratz Maia.

34. They should of let people from the arena just walk up into the cage and start fighting him.