Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen Face Off at UFC 117 Presser

OK they didn’t actually face off, Anderson resorted to one word answers and refused to even acknowledge Sonnen.

“Chael feels like he has to promote the fight. It’s not the same way that I choose to promote the fight. I’m here doing my job training for August 7. I feel like what I’ve done in the past promotes the fight enough.”

Chael Sonnen continued his quest to get under the champions skin,

“He couldn’t be any more wrong. Does he know anything about the business? People don’t just want to watch people fight, they want to know why they are fighting. He thinks he’s taking the high road. He is so clueless it’s not even funny. The guy is a dummy. I can’t wait to kick his ass.”

If Sonnen can’t take Anderson down on Aug. 7th, he might be in for a world of hurt courtesy of the Spider.

Comments

1. PoppyNick says:

I hope Silva just cans this fecking big mouth.

2. Silva is goin kick this dudes ass

3. Chael hasn't even fought yet and he's done his job well.

He's got people interested in an Anderson Silva fight and putting butts in the seats. People were so Fed up of Anderson's BS antics that even Dana's smooth talking couldn't sell him anymore.

4. Kung Fu Panda says:

Miko- I would agree that in many cases, that the "war of words" leading up to a match is definitely a part of it but the problem here is that Chael has done it in a way that, at least for me, makes me shake my head and feel sorry for him. When you have two pretty much evenly matched fighers, the talk helps. But in this case, Chael is a heavy underdog and if he wanted to market himself and the fight, I think he could have taken a different approach. What makes it a little more weird is that before this fight, we never heard him really talk leading up to a fight, so this happening all of a sudden really makes him seem phony.

5. Oswald Gobblecock says:

People aren't interested in Anderson Silva fights because the competition is so weak for him at MW. It's not because people don't like watching him fight cause let's be real, he's amazing to watch. Him fighting the big names at 205 would sell huge.

Let's not pretend that because Chael says something that it's true. lol The media all talk about how full of shit he is. He forgets that people can look up his record online.

6. Panda: he's clearly a star in his own world. heh heh, let him Dream :) it will all be over soon

Maybe so Oswald but if it wasn't for his big mouth no one would pay 5 cents to see this fight. Now people are at least intrigued and many want to see his face get smashed in.

Remember how pissed people were at Silva after his repeat offensives?

First the Cote Fight, people were bored.

Then the Leites fight, people were bored and mad

Then Demian Maia, people forgave him for his past "boring" performances because of how he destroyed Forrest so they paid to see that fight. And that time they were Livid.

We all heard/read the "I will NEVER EVER F*&KING PAY for another PPV with A Silva on the main card"

on a side note : Anyone who's liked mma for more than 15 minutes knew this was a bad match because Anderson likes to counter and Maia likes to go to the ground…. we could see a repeat of Leites all over again.

Thanks to Chael and his big mouth, people have forgotten about how mad they were at Silva and now want to see this Guy get smashed.

I bet Dana will visit him in the hospital and give him a nice bonus check for boosting the PPV Buy rate. Of course Chael wont be able to say, "thank you" Because his Jaw will be wired shut :)

7. Oh one more thing. I'll try not to drone on again.

Just to play Devil's advocate, I think Chael has a shot.

A small shot but I think anything is possible.

To parrot Joe Rogan, he dominated Nate Marquart and Nate's a beast now. He's Also a really big MW which Andserson may not be used to at that weight. And we saw him grind out Yushin Okami (the guy who was supposed to be number 1 contender but was bumped like 3 times) for three full rounds.

Thoughts anyone?

8. CobraClutch says:

Here's the deal. I'm actually the real CobraCluth. Cage banned my IP quite some time ago, and there have obviously been a ton of FANS trying to be me, because you all have missed me, cloning my name, and trying to imitate me….poorly. I'm out of town on work, so I can sign on and bypass Cage's ban…until he sees this and deletes it, of course. hahahaha.

Unfortunately, my "clones" are doing a terrible job. But it's like Miko and a few others have posted…you guys are making me a legend and you miss me…just like I said when I left. hahahaha.

So, thanks, everybody for the compliments and tributes. Just tell me one thing, clone bitches….

How my dick taste???

Hahahahahahahahahaaaa :)

Anyways, I'll be moving on to other, more professional sites which have real discussions by adults and the site admin knows how to freaking spell. hahahaha.

Later, losers. :P

Last REAL CobraClutch post. Enjoying my legendary status. I win…for real…I WIN! HAhahahahahaha.

9. yes, a legendary douchebag, has anyone ever told you that your posts make you sound like a wanna be tyler dirden? Im sure we will never hear from you again because like 2 or 3 times a week is the last time us losers will ever hear from you. Your dick probably tastes like a sheep you fuckin sheepfucker. do us a favor and dont come back Mcclovin.

10. meant like a sheeps ass

11. CobraClutch says:

Guys, I'm sorry. I've been having a ton of anger issues lately and just took them out on you. I'm gonna go train on some Shotokhan Karate, it clears my head, then I'm going out with a very pretty lady and she'll REALLY clear my HEAD.

Boo-ya Boys!

Boo-ya…

12. Oswald Gobblecock says:

People in the arguments can't claim themselves the winner so a member from the audience will be the judge. Sorry but you lost CC. I saw some funny shit on this site where people dogged you out and were funnier and more clever with the trash talk where you pretended to be a cool guy in real life which we all know you're not because who comes here to brag about the women they get honestly? lol You lost, and you know my opinion on this is respected cause you've seen me do work.

13. Oswald Gobblecock says:

If this is the real CC which who knows these days.

14. P4P #1 Fan says:

Miko- you are right, he absolutely has a shot. Everyone has a shot and every once in a while we see an upset, like Matt Serra over GSP. But I really think that he took Nate by surprise. it appeared to me that Nate was looking past him, at another shot at AS. But with that dominate performance, any fighter will take Chael more serious. Chael is very agreesive and that will most likely hurt him against AS. I do see what you are saying about him doing his job to sell the fight. It just seems like he is trying to hard. Almost on an everyday basis, he is telling anyone that will listen how badly he is going to hurt AS. He is working to hard at seeling his talk to be taken as real.

15. Panda: Yup, when Serra won I think he shocked everyone outside of New Jersey. I would have bet the farm on GSP, thank god I don't gamble. And I agree about Chael's aggression will likely be a detriment to him. That's why I think his jaw will be wired shut