First off Kala Kolohe Hose pounded Frederic Belleton throughout the first round and landed a one punch KO to end the fight just before the closing bell. Hose’s striking made for an entertaining bout.
Paul Daley looked like a British Anderson Silva, with amazing Maui Thai and a sick clinch, his ability to instantly get up after being taken down, made this a short night for TUF veteran Sammy Morgan. Daley ended the fight with a sick elbow behind the ear, dropping Morgan strait to the canvas. Side note: Daley was offered a deal with Zuffa, but turned it down so he can defend his Cage Rage title, he is going to be a force to recon with in EliteXC.
Eddie Alvarez was able to showcase his skills near his home town, with an impressive win over a tough Ross “The Boss” Ebanez. Alvarez showed he is extremely well rounded as he dominated Ebanez on the ground and in the stand up. The only reason this fight made it to the second round is because Ebanez is one tough SOB. Alvarez finally secured the win in the second round with a devastating right hand while on one knee.
ShoXC, by far the best card I have seen in 2008.
Main Card on Showtime
- Eddie Alvarez (164.9 lbs.) vs. Ross Ebanez (164.8 lbs.)
Result: Eddie Alvarez defeats Ross Ebanez by TKO (Strikes) at 2:32 of R2.
- Paul Daley (171.7 lbs.) vs. Sammy Morgan (171.4 lbs.)
Result: Paul Daley defeats Sam Morgan by KO (Elbow/Forearm) at 2:12 of R1.
- Bobby McMaster (151 lbs.) vs. Bao Quach (151 lbs.)
Result: Bao Quach defeats Bobby McMaster by Unanimous Decision
- Julie Kedzie (139.7 lbs.) vs. Tonya Evinger (140 lbs.)
Result: Tonya Evinger defeats Julie Kedzie by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:43 of R1.
- Kala Kolohe Hose (184.6 lbs.) vs. Frederic Belleton (184.3 lbs.)
Result: Kala Kolohe Hose defeats Frederic Belleton KO (Punch) at 4:32 of R1.
- Drew Puzon (170.3 lbs.) vs. Charlie Brenneman (170.9 lbs.)
Result: Charlie Brenneman defeats Drew Puzon by Split Decision.
- Zach Makovsky (139.3 lbs.) vs. Wilson Reis (138.6 lbs.)
Result: Wilson Reis defeats Zach Makovsky by Submission (Choke) at 1:15 of R2.
- James â€œBinkyâ€ Jones (155.6 lbs.) vs. Mark Getto (160.9 lbs.)
Result: James Jones defeats Mark Getto by Submission (Kimura) at 1:12 of R1.
- Sergio Vinagre (183.6 lbs.) vs. Brett Linebarger (185.1 lbs.)
Result: Brett Linebarger defeats Sergio Vinagre by KO at 2:29 of R3.
- Joe Shilling (169 lbs.) vs. Matt Makowski (170.9 lbs.)
Result: Matt Makowski defeats Joe Schilling by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:01 of R1.