Here are some key notes from the conference call, promoting the fight:
- Tank explains what he does when he is not training, “Drink. I like to have as much fun as I train. I like to hang out in bars and write the book that Iâ€™m doing.”
- Breaking News……Tank Abbott, Doesnt like drink beer anymore, he is more sophisticated now and likes to drink vodka and cranberry.
- Gary Shaw on Gina Carano, “We wanted her to be on the show. She was training for American Gladiators, and she wasnâ€™t ready to competeâ€¦hopefully sheâ€™ll be ready for our big March 29 card in San Jose.”
- EliteXC is holding Street Certified in Miami to take advantage of Kimbos hometown celebrity status, but Shaw hinted that the state of Florida would be EliteXC’s home.
- EliteXC is planing a event sometime in April, to take place in Hawaii, Nick Diaz to headline.
- Nick Diaz recently had surgery to remove scare tissue around his eyes, but should be ready to fight in April.
- Gary Shaw on Dana White, “If you fight for the UFC, you canâ€™t be bigger than Dana White. If you fight for EliteXC, youâ€™re bigger than Gary Shaw, youâ€™re bigger than EliteXC. Itâ€™s all about the fighter.”